Chapter 36- Updated

No! No! This was my last chance!

I stood outside of EJ's door knocking frantically. He opened it with a groan and I rushed inside pulling him back in with me. I slammed the door locking it just as Masky reached it and started pounding on it.

"What did you do?" He asked bluntly as I hid behind him clinging to his arm.

"This guy has got major anger issues!" I tell him frantically as the banging on the door continued.

"What did you do?" He repeated.

"I just tripped!" U tell him "and spilt some...maybe a lot of water on him..."

"How come hes this angry about water?" He turned to look at me, although I could barely recognise due to how dark his room was.

"Because Ben insulted him saying something related to the water and he thinks I was in on it with Ben like we had planned the whole thing to insult him but I had nothing to do with it"

"Hm...you really had nothing to do with it?" He questioned once more.

"No! But...I admit it was kind of funny" I try to suppress my laughter. EJ swiftly placed his hand over my mouth to stop me from my rambling

"I got her Masky" Jack called out making my eyes widen. He suddenly holds me against him, wrapping his other arm around me to keep me secured.

"You traitor!" I yelled as he pulled his hand away.

"I'll deal with her, deal with Ben" He suggested, his voice was still blunt but I could hear the humour laced underneath.

"Thanks Jack" he replied stomping away.

He released his grip on me and as soon as I moved an inch ready to bolt for the door he chased after me and smacks his hand on it so I couldn't open it.
"He's gone isn't he?" EJ looked down at me "you're welcome"

"If you were pretending then why all the fuss of holding me captive?" I complain

"Your reaction needed to be believable" he answered as if it was the most obvious thing.
I let out a sigh of relief knowing my ass wasn't going to be beaten today.

"Why is it so dark in here anyway? It's midday"I go to switch on the light, before my eyes could adjust to the brightness a hand was instantly placed over my eyes blocking my sight as I was pulled into a firm chest, just like when he had saved me.
All I could see now was EJ's unzipped jacket and shirt as both of his hands were placed on your shoulders holding you in close.
"You're not ready" he told you bluntly "you don't want to see"

"It can't be that bad it's just a room" you shrug as you leaned your forehead on his chest confused deciding not to fight against him.

"It is"

"You know by now I'm trying to accept you guys as you do for me but I need to know all about you for me to be able to accept it"

"We'll take it one at a time then..." he sighed, he held me closer, his arms firmly wrapped around me.

He took off his mask and held it firmly in his hand, I look up at him and I couldn't help but gasp horrified, it isn't what I was expecting at all! He had no eyes, just empty dark sockets as a small amount dark ooze lightly dripped down from them and teeth were sharp, he didn't even look human!

"You...but..." I could barely speak. The world around me went swayed into darkness as I fell limp and began to fall, before I could make an impact a pair of firm arms catch me before I lose my consciousness.

———

It was as if my eyes were stuck shut, I couldn't open them. I felt a hand gently caress mine as I felt weight next to me on the bed.
With enough strength I slowly open my eyes only to only see more darkness.

"Are you okay?" He asked me bluntly yet I could hear the concern hidden behind it. With his voice being slightly muffled I could tell his mask was back on.

"No!" I sit up in an instant finding his hands as I held them tightly. "I didn't mean to pass out! It was just way beyond from what I was expecting! It doesn't matter to me at all how you look! I just- wasn't expecting it!"

"You don't need to explain, I told you, you weren't ready" he explained sounding understanding, but he was wrong, I meant what I said!

"I didn't pass out because I was scared. Honestly Jack...it was just shock, it just wasn't what I was expecting but now I've seen you I and I can grasp it"

I get up from the bed and stand up in front of him.

"You don't need to keep frantically rambling to me Y/n I don't care enough to take offence." His voice was blunt.

"I told you I'm not scared Jack. I mean it- it's just-"

He immediately stood up towering over me, he backed me up against the wall caging me in.

"Can you stand there and treat me like a normal person knowing what's underneath the mask?"

"I told you I don't care!" I retaliate "how can I convince you?"

"You can't" he took off his mask, the darkness of the room stopped me from being able to see his face, but the image had already haunted my mind . I don't want him to hate me, what could I do to convince him I was telling the truth? The only thing I could do off the top of my head at that very moment.

I grab his face pulling him closer to me and I kissed him on the cheek. I instantly let go as he stood up straight again, I could tell he was still looking at you with his blank expression but he was silenced for a moment.

"See? If I can kiss you that must mean I'm telling the truth" Jack held his hand up to his cheek

"Why did you do that?" He asked me bluntly

"To prove a point" I tell him

"Don't do that" he warns me "remember I told you we were taking it one step at a time, you don't know the full me yet"

"I just want to care about you EJ, I don't know why you're trying to protect me from yourself"

"Because Im a monster Y/n and I don't want have anything to do with people! I just need to be alone! I don't care about anything anymore! I would gladly accept my death tomorrow if I was lucky enough to be granted it!"

I stood there for a moment before I decided to give him what I was best in that moment. I wrap my arms around him into a hug in an attempt to comfort him. His arms stayed by his side as he just looked down returning to his blunt self.

"How can you be a monster? You've been so kind to me" " I assure him keeping my hold on him tight. His hand lightly held your upper arm, he'd never been held this way before.

He leaned his face into my hair. For the first time I saw this blunt man vulnerable and in pain, and I wanted him to know that he had my trust.