Chapter 30- Updated

Everyone was caught up to what Liam has been doing and how it could be possible that he can become like one of them. I was then left to settle in my own room, Liu had provided me with some clothes and other necessities.
I made it feel like Home the best I couldnt help but admire it, it did feel sort of strange to be away from my grandparents for a long time now...

I internally debated with myself for a while and I knew you had to thank Masky properly for helping me.
I decided to head to his room and I lightly knock on his door. It creaked open and the light from the hallway revealed Masky sitting on his bed in comfy baggy clothes since it was already late at night.

"Can I come in?" I ask him feeling a little awkward. He just gave a simple nod, it was strange how he still had his mask on.

I was hesitant to enter at first but I took a step inside and shut the door behind me. His room was now completely dark.

"I'm sorry did I wake you?" I ask him unable to see him.

"Yes" he grumbled as he switched on a lamp, emitting a low soft glow through the room.
I went to sit on the edge of his bed next to him.

"About before...thank you"

"Its nothing. I was surprised when I saw an unknown number text me" he shrugged, he sounded really tired. "Anyone who makes that many spelling errors, it was clear to me who it was.
After that moment in the basement it never stopped playing in my mind as to why I did that...but I never hated you Y/n...well maybe at first but when those men broke in and threatened you, once I killed them it was the first time I realised..."

"Realised what?"

"It doesn't matter"

"So you didn't actually hate me all of this time?" I ask shocked

"Well no i did hate you at first, I still find you annoying now"

"Hey!" I nudge him with a smile.

"Ever since you came here I have done things that I would never have expected myself to do" He finished, it's just like whatI told EJ.

"So... you actually do care then?" I ask him in disbelief.

"It's weird for me, but I'm willing to look out for you whenever you need" he confessed.

"Wow, thank you I really appreciate it" I look away feeling shy.

"How come you decided to thank me at one in the morning anyway?"

"I couldn't sleep, I'm still a little shaken" I tell him truthfully

"It's understandable... I know you are living with a bunch of killers at the moment but is there anything that can be done to help your nerves?"

"I mean, living with you guys already feels much safer... but all around what helps me most is hugs, it's always been hugs" I confess

I begin to feel awkward as masky didn't bother responding.
'I knew I shouldn't have said it...I need to stop being weird around these guys... I mean, hugs?! Have I met them?!'

"Well?" I heard Masky speak up breaking me away from my thoughts. I look at him to see him slightly holding his arms out to me.

"Uh..." I look at him confused to which he let out a sigh in annoyance.

"You said hugs help right? I could tell how much it helped you before, I don't really do hugs but whether it's an order or not I'm here to protect you and if this helps you to feel protected then fine"

"Really?"

"I know you may not want me to be the person to hug right now but I'm already awake so-" before he could continue I quickly rush onto the bed and wrap my arms tightly around his waist as I rest my head on his chest already feeling safe despite our previous conflicts.

His whole body emitted warmth, his scent comforted me as his chest would slowly rise and lower along with his breathing.

"Don't get used to this it's a one time thing" he commented as he awkwardly patted my back

"Don't back out now!" I laugh squeezing him tighter causing him to let out a grunt from the pressure

"Why so eager?" He muttered

"I just really needed this" I tell him honestly, it's been rough and this gave me even more strength to try and push through.

"Sure thing" he nodded. I already felt myself growing tired "I'm surprised you trust me this much already"

"You've saved me many times even when we didn't get along...I'll always trust you no matter what trouble we had with each other" I let out a yawn as my eyes grew heavier.

"Get some rest Y/n, before I change my mind and kick you out" Masky sighed, he released his hold on me as I felt him reach over to turn off the lamp beside him, the room was now pitch black again. I heard him place his mask on the bedside table and he lowered himself down to a lying position.

"Goodnight" I mumble tiredly as I allowed myself to fall asleep on him.

He didn't respond but he held me close to him with one arm again as he let the other one rest at his side.

———

I sit up in bed with a yawn as I rub my eyes trying to awake. I took in the sight of the dark room, it was slightly lighter but the black curtains blocked out the suns morning rays.

'He actually looks quite peaceful in his sleep'

I enjoyed my time actually being able to take in his features whilst I had the chance. I've seen snippets of his face before, even fully exposed but the sight doesn't last more than a few seconds.

'... he's even good looking...Goddamn it of course he is.'

Hell, everyone in this house was good looking one way or another, even with their differences.
'I think I need professional help.'

I smile to myself as I slowly stood up, and pick up his mask, putting it on. It didn't fit me properly of course but I still went with it, besides what's a better way to wake up my new friend?

"Wow it kind of suits me don't you think?!" I chuckle, I made sure to talk loud enough for him to hear as I look at myself in the mirror.

"Very clever" he sighed as he tiredly sat up in his bed, he wasn't happy to be disturbed from his sleep.

"Morning!" I greet him "Geez..." I try to squint through the mask to see myself in the mirror "how do you even see in this thing?" Unlucky for me it didn't allow me to take in my surrounds very well.

I jump as a pair of firm hands grip my shoulders.

"Don't push your luck just because we agreed to get along" he took the mask off my face and adjusted it on his own, he then proceeded to look through his wardrobe.

"Alright I'm sorry" I chuckle "I'm going to head back to my room now anyway, thank you for last night" I express my gratitude but all I got as a reply was a simple white shirt thrown at my face.

"Huh?" I asked confused as I held it.

"Think of it as compensation for Gibbs ruining your shirt"

"Oh- Thank you" I felt a little surprised at his gesture.

"Alright go on" he ushered me out and I headed back to my own room with a smile on my face. As soon as I shut my door I sat on my bed as i still lightly clutched masky's shirt.

I couldn't help but bring it up to my face as I lightly took in his scent.
'Somehow comforting...'

On my first day here I wouldn't have expected this at all. He was the one I was the most afraid of...now I'm taking in his scent which calms my anxiety.