Chapter 25- Updated

"Thanks Jack" I break the silence as I stop walking "it's only a fifteen minute walk I can make it from here"

"You sure?" I heard a voice bluntly call out from the tree line that hid the woods behind it.

"Yeah" I spoke quickly as not to look weird to a few passing strangers. "You won't have as much cover there aren't as many trees here"

Nothing else was said but I could hear footsteps crunching the leaves as they moved away growing quieter.

I let out a sigh as I continued to walk on and I began pondering to myself about what me and Masky did.

I naturally turn my head to the sound of a car door slamming shut as it took me out of my thoughts, I saw a man standing there holding a few shopping bags.

"Mr.Gibbs?" I ask shocked.
'he lives on the same street as me? And i've only seen him now?!'

"Ah, Y/n it's good to see you I'm glad you're holding up okay" he chuckled as he tried to hold up the bags in his arms

I stood silent looking at him in disbelief at his causal tone.

"What the HELL?!" I snap

"What?! I'm just doing my weekly shopping can't teachers have lives too?" He exclaimed.

"You ditched me at the bar you asshole! How can you pretend to act normal?!" I yell at him

"Hey! don't use that tone and language with me! I'm still your teacher!" he placed the bags down at his door step and then tried to walk closer to me, he stayed on his drive way as I took a few steps back to the edge of the pavement.

"Fuck you! You shouldn't even be a teacher! I have every right to be pissed! I was in danger!"

"What danger?" His tone now began to shroud in concern. "You look okay"

"I passed out in the building! I stumbled my way out of there hours after you left because my drink was spiked! I was lucky enough that my friends came along! Otherwise it would be a completely different story!"

"Oh Y/n... I'm so sorry I can-"

"No! Forget it!" I begin to walk away "just drop everything! Leave me alone!"

"But I can-"

"No! No more! Just don't fucking talk to me!" I yell as i continue to walk away "stupid asshole..." I mumble making sure he can hear.

Once I got home you greeted my grandparents who were sitting and watching tv comfortably together in the living room. I gave a small smile at their lovingness towards each other and I made my way up to my room, the small happiness I felt watching my grandparents faded as all of the emotions of past events are coming to play, I began to feel like I was drowning... there's a heavy weight on my chest and I question if I'm going insane.

'Has all that happened...even really happened? Do those people in that cabin actually exist? Did I really just yell at my teacher for being ditched at a bar? Nothing in my life is making sense'

I open my bedroom door and swung it shut behind me as I kept my eyes on the ground. I felt a little more relieved now that I could finally lie down in bed and just not move.

I heard a small grunt as if someone cleared their throat, I flinch jumping backwards a little and I look up to see Liu standing by my window with his arms at his sides.

"Liu?" I ask surprised, I wasn't expecting him to be here. He didn't say anything but he continued to look at me, he held a troubled look through his brows, his worn, lean eyes staring right through mine.

Liu began to walk towards me not breaking eye contact
"Liu-"

Before I could say anything else he wrapped his arms around my shoulders as he pulled me into a hug, bringing my face into his chest.

"Jesus Liu...what are you doing here? You scared the shit out of me" I confess

"Your grandparents let me in" he muttered gently "i'm sorry... I just... i really needed to see you- are you okay?" He placed his fingers over the bruise on my neck and It felt sore to his touch.

"I'm fine" I pull away placing my hand over the bruise "It's nothing to worry about I promise I'm okay"

"Are you sure? You can tell me" he assured

"I'm sure" I look up at him, he glanced down at me and his face had softened. "But what happened with you?"

"I had a fight with Jeff, we got on to some very sensitive topics and...it doesn't matter" he looked forward resting his chin on my head as I leaned back into his chest

"Is everything okay between you guys?" I ask him a little worried

"...I don't know" was all he could Mutter as he pulled away from the hug "but it's not going to get better"