Chapter 32-Updated

"You can count on us Y/n. We'll protect you   Y/n. We'll never leave you alone Y/n. Yeah right" I muttered to myself as I walked through the woods.

The boys had refused to take me to the store as they had somewhere to be. They told me to wait until they got back but couldn't wait, it was that time of the month and those doughnuts wouldn't understand, except for EJ anyway, but he still I wish at least one of them could have accompanied me.

Luckily the store was near the edge of the woods on a lonely road for people coming in and out of town.

I entered the small store and I look around trying to see what was the best fit for me.
I had a eerie feeling of being watched but I shrugged it off.

'Maybe these...' I thought to myself as I pickup a pack, I also decided to buy my favourite snack and drink whilst i was at it and then headed to the register.

As they scanned the items I reached into my bag and pulled out the wallet that Ben gave me.

I thanked the gods that Ben let me have some money along with his old wallet as I had nothing. I looked through the cash until I found a £10 note. I handed it to the worker and I packed the items in my bag, took the change and thanked the worker as I headed out.

"Excuse me!" A voice called out from behind me before I could head towards the tree line by the car park.

"Yeah?" I look back feeling a little odd, thanks to Gibbs random attack when we first met I've never trusted people randomly approaching me.

"I don't know my way around town I was hoping you could help me?"

"It depends...where is it you're heading?" I ask him as he walked up to me.

He kept a bright smile on his face until there was no one in sight. He grabbed my wrist roughly causing you to gasp.

"Don't scream." He gritted as he shoved me into the woods "give me your bag!" He demanded

"No!" I tell him holding onto the straps tightly.

"My wife is going to leave me unless I earn more money! I saw the amount of cash you had in your purse! Hand it over!" He grew more impatient as I stumbled backwards.

"Im sorry about that but it sounds like a problem you and your wife should talk about"
I suggest backing away.
He went to reach out to grab me again but I quickly turn tail and run deeper into the woods.
I heard his shoes crushing the leaves beneath him as he chased closely behind me.
'He's going to outrun me!'

I quickly felt my worries flood away as I saw a familiar figure not far away.
"Hoodie!" I call out in desperation as I began to run out of breath. He looked my way confused from the sudden shouting until he realised what was happening.

"Get back here!" The man yelled, his hand inches away from yanking me back to him. He was too focused on trying to grab me that he didn't realise what was about to happen

Hoodie lifted his pistol with one hand like you would with a baseball bat.
I quickly run to him falling to the ground so I was out of his line of sight and he swung his firearm hard into the thugs head, roughly knocking him down.

I couldn't help but pant and try to catch my breath as I sat up straight on the dirt looking at the sight.

"You...bastard...you...my wife..." he grumbled as blood trickled from his forehead. "My...daughter...food..."

A brown boot suddenly appeared pressing onto his throat making him struggle. I look up to see Toby holding his hatchet, the twitch in his eyes made it clear that he was ready to swing.
Hoodie gave a nod to Toby as he gently grabbed my arm and pulled me up.

Toby's goggles shimmered with a glint against the suns rays as he raised his hatchet ready to strike.

"Wait!" I yell pulling out of hoodies grasp and quickly went up to Toby making him halt "...just wait..."

———

"I can't believe you made us let him go" hoodie shook his head as the three of us made our way back to the house

"The blood pouring down his head has made-made his trip home much more tricker at least" Toby mentioned as he replayed the image in his mind finding it satisfying.

"He has a family... he has a wife and daughter" I told them feeling guilty

"So?" Hoodie looked at me "what's the difference?"

"He was stealing to provide for them it was obvious" I informed "he doesn't deserve to be killed because of it"

"If only he would've willingly let you go as easily as you did for him" hoodie countered

"I'm not the same. I'm not him and I'm not like you guys either"

"You're too empathetic Y/n, you don't know what else that man c-could've done" Toby told me "I mean, what if he was just like Gibbs-" Toby cut himself off realising he shouldn't bring it up

"It's okay" I give him a smile reassuring him "you have a point, I guess we don't know if he's lying or not..."

"So if you won't let us kill, seriously maim or harm people that try to hurt you then you need to at least learn some sort of self defence and bring up your strength. This isn't the safest town in the world, it could easily happen again and we may not be there to help"

"I guess that sounds fair" I agreed, I wasn't totally against the idea of becoming better at self defense, lord knows I need it.

"You're like a magnetic attraction to bad people and situations"

"So who would be willing to teach me?" I ask him curiously

"Well you're talking to the top guy already" Toby smirked under his mouth guard.

"He's not wrong" hoodie agreed, he surpassed me and Masky's strength within his first week here, even if it was just by a little.

"Wow" I admire.

"I'd be happy to help if you're up for it Y/n" Toby offered.

"Sure! I appreciate it thank you" I tell him gratefully.

Hoodie or Toby?! Who would you like to teach Y/n self defence, comment who you'd like and I'll write the next chapter straight away!

(The choice had already been made so this chapter was rewritten to match it)