Chapter 60- Updated

More months had passed thanks to hoodie helping to keep me stable. But we were running out of options but everyone tried keeping their hopes high.

"This is killing me" I sigh as I lowered myself onto the sofa in between Jeff and Toby.

"Okay I'm off to get my fill" Masky announced as he held his crowbar, letting it dangle from his hold.

"Oh it's your time already?" I ask him, I was losing track of things much more easily, this wasn't a good sign to hoodie.

"Yeah but I won't be long don't worry" he assured me as he bent down and pressed his masked forehead to mine "I'll be as quick as I can"

"OooOoooOoo" Ben mocked "lovey dovey Masky! It's so sweet Why can't you love me like that?!"

"Because you're more annoying than her" Masky stated with a stern stare as he went to the door. He made eye contact with EJ through his mask as he reached the bottom of the stairs. They exchanged a silent nod and then Masky left.

Things were still tense between Jack and Masky as they were struggling to get along. The only mutual ground they shared was to look out for me. I wish I could help but it's up to those two themselves to get along again.

"Y/n" hoodie called my name as he entered the room making everyone look at him. "We need to talk"

I was taken aback by how serious his tone was. Jeff and Toby allowed me to lean on them as i pushed myself up and weakly followed hoodie into the kitchen.

"What is it?" I ask him worriedly.

"As we all thought...things are getting worse, not better"

"What?" My face creased with anxiety.

"I spoke to slender months ago...he had nothing except for the solution that I use to help give you energy and keep you strong. But your body is adjusting so it's working less and less and it's just prolonging your suffering I can't actually..."

"You can't actually...save me?"

"We still haven't managed to figure it out..."

"Hey" I assure with a weak smile immediately pulling him into a hug. This time he hugged back, he felt guilty that he couldn't do better to help... "thank you for trying so hard for me" I tell him as I hold him tighter.

———

"Jesus! Do you want to add anything else whilst your at it?!" Jeff complained

"Damnit Jack! Why couldn't you just keep it in your pants?!" Ben turned to him

"You're acting like I did it on purpose" he mumbled.

"Besides it's not his fault I was the one that hurt myself by accident" I stood up for him "look everything will be fine, EJ and hoodie can help me and I'll make it through just fine!"

"Try to sound more confident maybe then we'll believe you" Jeff shrugged with his arms folded.

"We'll do the best we can I'm not letting anything happen to you" Liu assured me.

"I'm going to go inform Masky" hoodie announced as he headed to the door "he needs to know" I heard the door click shut and I rubbed your eyes feeling tired.

"What if hoodie is wrong?" Ben wondered

"Hoodie is never wrong" Liu countered "I wish for all our sake he is but he can do things we can't. If he says it's getting dangerous. It is and we need to be careful"

———

The night arrived quickly and I relaxed in bed as exhaustion overwhelmed me.

The door creaked open as a pair of boots makes their way through the room. After a few minutes of shuffling around I felt the mattress weigh down next to me as an arm gently held me close to their form.

"Hoodie told me about the news" Masky stated.

"I'm sorry...are you okay?" I ask worries.

"Of course I'm not. I'm angry at the fact I could lose you and there's nothing I could do to stop it. But the last thing you need is for me to have an outburst, I'm here for you..."

"Weirdly I don't feel scared" I confess

"You're more insane than me" he moved closer, his face resting in the back of my neck. "How come?"

"I don't know...maybe because I have you guys with me...and im holding onto the small hope that I could make it through this" I tell him staring at the wall in front of me.

He didn't say anything and planted a few gentle kisses against the back of my neck.

"I don't care how kings it been" my hand reaches behind me and I felt the back of his hair through my fingers "I'll never get used to this feeling" I lean into his affection.

"Me neither" he propped himself up on his elbow and he gently pulled me on my back to look up at him.

"it's insane from how far we've come" I decide to tease "from choking me against the wall to choking me in bed" I chuckle.

"Okay" he sounded taken aback. "Let's maybe keep that development to ourselves" he suggested as he gently pulled the covers over me more. He gently tucked my  hair behind my ear as I closed my eyes.

"I'm glad you're here" he confessed after a moment of silence "it was for the best that you stayed and I'm glad you did"

"You have hoodie to thank for that" I reply with a smirk.

"What do you mean?" He glanced down at me confused.

"If I make it through this I'll you" I turn on my other side to face him and lean comfortably against as he held me carefully.