Chapter 50- Updated

"No..." I mumble feeling disturbed.

My eyes dart around quickly as I was surrounded by trees deep in the woods. Jack stalked closer and closer to me, his sharp teeth showing and blood drooling down his chin.

"Kiss me again" he demanded with a low tone.  "what's the problem? I'm not a monster right? You had no problem with it" He smiled as his tongue split into three.

"WAIT-" I gasp instantly sitting up in my bed. I try to gain control of my breathing as I take in the surroundings of my dark room. "get it together..."

I decided to make my way downstairs and get a drink to hopefully help settle me back down to sleep.
I entered the kitchen flicking on the light as I made my way to the cupboard.
I reached up opening it, going onto my tiptoes to try reach a glass. That was when I felt the warmth of another body behind me. It reached a glass with ease and placed it on the counter in front of me.

I turn around to see Jeff standing over me.
"Oh hey, thank you" I nod referring to the glass "what are you doing? It's late"

"I tend to stay up late" he took a few steps back as he applied his eye drops, he then placed the small tube on the counter beside him.

"Oh yeah, we had our first proper conversation in here late at night" I recalled back to my first night. "You were quite nice"

"I wasn't nice" he spoke as if he was disgusted by my comment.

"You hid your weapon for me" I tell him with a small smile "and you gave me your jacket"

"That was for Liu, back then I had no intent on being nice with you"

"But you are now. So...why are you trying to make up with Liu so badly...I mean you're both working things out now which is great to see you both getting along but before that...what happened?"

"It doesn't concern you...just monsters being monsters" Jeff shook his head, he turned to walk away but I reach for his sleeve stopping him in his tracks.

"We haven't spent a lot of time together, help me to understand you better, it's what you guys want right?" I ask him

"Enough Y/n" he demanded not bothering to look back at me

"But-"

"No." He interrupted

"Liu was-"

"I killed our parents!" He snapped, still not looking back at me. It didn't take him long to let go of the sudden anger.

"I was a burn victim because of some stupid fucked up bullies. I was just trying to protect Liu and it got personal. When I saw myself in the mirror for the first time without my bandages I thought I was horrible, but something snapped inside of me telling me I was beautiful. I thought I'd never smile again...I thought I'd change that...my parents, it was as if they were...afraid of me. Like I was a monster. They betrayed me...My mum...I heard her tell my father to... 'get the gun...' I snapped on them and took my remaining anger out- out on Liu"

"I-"

"I tried to kill him Y/n, but I failed, I left him with scars and he went through serious therapy whilst I was on the run, I assume you know about his disorder. The reason he disappears from you for a while is because Sully comes out. I'd like to keep you two from interacting for as long as possible.
He hated me...and at the time my anger still lingered and I hated him too, I just saw him exactly the same as our parents, that he saw me the same way they did. But he didn't, I regret what I did to Liu"

"Jeff..." I mutter guilt ridden

"What if I had actually succeeded in killing him?" He sighed lowering his head "I wouldn't have had a reason to go with slender and just unleash havoc on the town until I'd be shot dead by the law."

I cautiously wrap my arms around Jeff as I hug him unsure of how he would react. Lately I've been seeing the guys vulnerable and at their weakest emotional states. Ive realised over the time i've been with them that what they normally need is comfort.
'But do they even want it from me? It's not my place...'

Slowly but surely Jeff's arms loosely hung around my frame which surprised me.

"You should spend more time with him tomorrow and try to get through all the cracks and holes" I tell him. His arms gradually held firmer against me from my suggestion until his arms were tight around me, his head leaning on mine.

I was reminded of the offer slender man gave to me about being just like them, and it struck me with confusion. I found myself liking the idea for a second as I was embraced, but I brushed it off immediately.

"I'm not going back to sleep anytime soon" I change the subject pulling away "do you want to watch some tv?" I offer him.

"Sure" he agreed and went into the living room. We sat on the sofa as I put on a show that I've been excited to watch for a while.

———

After a good hour into the drama we were three episodes in, me and Jeff were already in a deep debating session about it.

"Okay it's obvious Dana is going to end up with George" I tell him as I point at the characters as they appear on and off the screen.

"George?" He scoffed "No. George is into Sarah"

"You really think?" I question him with a smile.

"Definitely. Fucking christ why am I even talking about this?!"

"Come on" you let out a small laughter "it's a good drama!" you tell him sinking further back into the sofa enjoying the show.

"Oh my god!" He sighed in annoyance but I could hear the humour he had behind it. "You are just like Jane with this stuff-"

It was silent for a few moments as I registered what he had said.

"Shit" he muttered annoyed crossing his arms.

"Did you two used to hang out before what happened?" I ask curiously.

"We were neighbours" was all he replied with as he kept his glare on the tv.

"Oh my god" I turn on the sofa and cross my legs facing him "she mentioned something about a crush!"

"No!" He snapped turning his to me

"Oh my god yes!" I clasped my hands together.

"Jesus since when did you turn into Ben?!"

"Did you like her back?"

He sat for a moment in his thoughts before his eyes began to sting more red than usual.

"You did?!"

"I need my eye drops" he sighed as he got up and entered the kitchen.

"Come on you can tell me" I persist as I follow him.

"Why do you even care so much?" He turned to me as he grabbed the small tube of the counter.

"My best friend has had a brother this whole time! I wanna know more about you and stories from before, even Liu and Jane"

"Well as you can already guess nothing went further between us since she's cuffed in the basement at the moment" he began to apply the drops. "So there's nothing even more to it"

"You're boring" I fold my arms annoyed.

"Cry about it" was all he said as he walked past me. He grabbed my arm pulling me along, he pushed me onto the sofa and then sat next to me"

I go to ask him another question until he slings his arm around me and cups his hand over my mouth.
"Just watch" he spoke calmly as I frowned at him.

Liu POV

Liu sat on the stair case out of sight as he looked through the banister seeing his brother and friend getting along together.

EJ stood behind him confused but then silently crouched next to him.

"What are you looking at?" He whispered.

"Jesus!" Liu whispered quietly as he flinched at the sudden appearance next to him. EJ glances through the banister curiously.

"Oh look at that" he whispered calmly.

"Yeah it's nice to see" Liu felt calm knowing he won't have to worry about her with his brother and his friends anymore.