Chapter 35- Updated

After Liu and Jeff had returned I noticed something was off about them both, i figured something must've happened between him and Jeff and it hurt to see them going through trouble.

I stood outside of Jeff's room, hesitant to knock. I swallowed my nerves and bravely tapped on the door. Jeff opened the door, his hood was up and he had his bandanna covering his smile, he didn't say anything as he went back to his chair as he applied his eye drops.

"Hey..."I stood awkwardly closing the door as he didn't bother to look at me.
"I've noticed that there might be something going on between you and Liu..."
I walk up to Jeff making him look up at me as I look down at him.
"I know it's not my place but Liu seems to be much more quiet than usual...you too..."

I gently grab his hood and lightly pulled it down, revealing his rough charcoal hair. "Jeff why are you hiding?" I ask him concerned.

"Who says I'm hiding?" His deep gravelled voice spoke up

"Me?" I suggest unsure of how to answer.

"What's it matter to you?" He swivelled round in his chair turning his back to me.

"Look. Ever since you left with Liu neither of you have been the same, so what happened?"

"Why don't you just go ask him about it?"

"Because I'm asking you. You're my friend and I care"

He didn't bother to respond.

"The past is the past, whatever happened, happened..." I stayed behind him so he wouldn't have to look at me. "You can still change the future, all it takes is one move" I couldn't help but wrap my arms around him hugging him from behind as I rest my chin on his shoulder in an attempt to show some comfort.
He didn't react, move or flinch. He just sat there in silence.

"If things are already at your lowest then what else have you got to lose?" I suggest as I lightly rub my hand in circles on his chest.
"you are who you are and so is Liu but you can still be brothers and be there for each other" I release my hold after giving him a small hug from behind and leave his room not wanting to push it over the line.

As soon as the door shut and he heard my walking grow distant he grabbed his knife off his desk and threw it hard across the room.
As soon as It clattered to the floor he did too.
"I just want my brother back"

————

Jeff is right I probably should ask Liu about it too, but I have no idea where he is.

After searching through the house I couldn't find him, I decided to check outside but I found hoodie and Masky outside sparring with each other instead.

I approached them as they stood in a fighting stance glaring intensely at each other.
They weren't wearing their masks, Hoodie wasn't wearing his hoody and Masky wasn't wearing his jacket so they were left in their white shirts, allowing me to notice their toned figures.

Their brown hair hung over their brows as they were catching their breath, sweat dripping down their faces.

"H-Hey" I mentioned feeling flustered. They both look towards me and hoodie immediately turned away as his mask wasn't on, masky however wasn't as bothered but still put his arm up to his face to cover his mouth and nose at least. "I- sorry, I'm sorry for interrupting. I was just wondering if you guys have seen Liu around?"

"He's out" Hoodie informed as he put on his hoodie and mask, he then faced towards me again. Masky decided to do the same.

"Somethings going on between him and Jeff and I'm getting a little worried" I confess to them.

"I wouldn't worry about it, those guys fight all the time" Masky informed.

"Yeah but-"

"Trust us we've witnesses them all the time, they'll get over it"

I began to wonder if hoodie was right but I catch a glimpse of a man in the corner of my eye walking to the house.

"Liu!" I call out running to him leaving masky and hoodie behind.

"Hey" he smiled at me as we walked to the stairs together. He went up first and opened the door for me to which I happily went inside. "What's going on?"

"Well..." I look around to see no one else was in the living room "I talked to Jeff earlier"

"You talked to Jeff earlier?"

"Yeah, about you two and-"

"What? What did he say?" He interrupted.

"Nothing. That's the problem. What's going on between you guys, you seem so distant and you've been going away a lot"

"I'm sorry Y/n" he apologised "it's hard to get into but I promise it'll be okay, I pinkie promised remember?"

"Well...as long as you're sure...but you guys really should just talk to each other though"

"Y/n-"

"I mean it" I interrupt him like he did to me "Avoiding things until it goes isn't the way that's why it keeps happening, just...give it a shot"

"Okay" he sighed "just for you"

"Thank you" I smile as I give him a quick hug