Chapter 41- Updated

I decided to take a walk through the woods taking in the fresh air in hopes to help clear my mind.

It wasn't working...

It was all sinking into me again...

'...I killed my friend.

...Im a monster

I'm a hypocrite!

A Snake!

Evil!

My soul is tainted like my mothers!

I don't belong anywhere!

I'm a Freak!

A Psycho!

He was going to change!

I shouldn't have killed him!

It could've been done a different way!

I had criticised the guys before for killing!
Now I'm no better!

Will you kill your brother next?!

Your grandparents?!

THE ONE YOU LOV-

!!!!!!!!!!!

"HELP ME!"

!!!!!!!!!!!

My eyes widen in shock, I Instantly snap away from the torment as a young man in his 20's ran up to me.

"Please help me!" He panted "it's trying to kill me!"

"What? Who's trying to kill you?" I ask him confused not seeing anyone in sight

"It was terrifying! It saw me! It's after me!"

"Just calm down a second and take a deep breath" I assure him. I knew it was a high possibility of the killer being one of the guys.

If I kept him around here any longer they would catch up and he would certainly die.
"Come on I'll take you back" I offer him as I grab his sleeve walking alongside him. "Where do you live?"

"I don't want to go home. I'll tell you where my friend lives" he spoke shakily "thank you for helping me, you should come in with me...you'll be safe too"

"I'll just go home and lock everything up to be safe" I lie.

We walked warily through woods, I glanced towards the trees in the distance to see if anyone was lurking near them and then I thought to yourself
'Weird...he was referring to the culprit as 'it'...'

"Hey what does-" My question was immediately cut off as a black tendril suddenly pierced through the mans body from behind.

I saw the shock and delayed realisation of what's happening in his eyes as the life slowly drained from them. After a few gurgles as blood poured of his mouth and stuttering words he fell limp, the tendril was the only thing holding him up.

It pierced his heart as the tendril began absorbing the blood, it then quickly pulled out and the man collapsed onto the floor with a thud.

I look up to see the creature bring his tendril to his featureless face. That was until the face separated where the mouth would be, a sharp, wide slit opened as a long, snake like tongue licked the blood off of its tentacle.

I fall onto the grass looking up at him as towered over me. He looked down at me, his mouth sealing up so it was just his blank face again.

"It's been decades since a soul has wondered into these woods alone. Are you trying to take away the only rare meal I could've gotten?"  The figure bent lower slightly as his deep voice echoed through my head.

"I'm sorry...I- I didn't know you were hunting him I thought you were away" I stutter hoping my response wouldn't anger him.

"I'm back for now...but it's come to my attention you killed someone?" 

"My friend...I killed him...h-he tried to kill me first- it was self defence. I thought he was meant to be like you guys but..."

"Would you have rather him kill you?" He questions

"No..." I sighed "he killed his parents and I wasnt ready to die...I had to fight but...I don't feel good about it"

"Interesting" he murmured. A tendril gently wrapped around my waist lifting me up

"What?" I ask confused as he hovered me in the air. He held me still and got ready to teleport "why?" I asked him

"Soon..." was all he replied with.

In one blink I found myself back in my room but slender wasn't there with me. Slender man was gentle with me this time and took me back home.