Secrets

The weekend was perfect. Relaxing and cozy with my amazing girlfriend. I somehow finally convinced her to watch Gilmore Girls with me. I've seen the whole series at least 3 times. We started from the beginning and got about 2 seasons in within 2 days. She was skeptical at first but I can tell it grew on her fast. Her only condition was that I watch one her favorite shows with her next, I agreed.
   Monday rolled around much faster than either of us wanted it to. Back to work we go. It is currently 5:45 and we're both getting ready to head out of the door. I grab the keys since I'm driving today and we head to the car. It's the middle of October so I turn the heat in the car on for just a bit. It's not cold outside really but I get cold very easily. Alli always teases me about it but she's also nice enough to lend me her hoodies when I get cold. I have plenty of my own but hers are just comfier.
We head in like usual and part ways at the door. She blows me a kiss from the distance and I pretend to catch it and put it in my pocket. The little things make everything so much better.
Today seems to be going pretty smooth so far. No setbacks, no problems with the equipment it's nice for a change.
Just my luck...guess who walks by. Jerk face. That's the only name I know him by anymore. First name jerk, last name face. He's toned down the flirting with my girlfriend a bit but not enough for me. I can already tell where's he's heading as he walks past me. I'm glad I have a good view of the managers area today so I can keep an eye on him. Also because I like looking up and seeing my hot girlfriend.
As I stare him down trying to burn his brain with my laser eyes(which isn't working) I suddenly hear a voice pop up next to me. I jump a bit in surprise but I try to act cool.
"Why don't you say something to him?" James ask. James is cool. Probably the coolest out of all the management. I think he's referring to jerk face but I act like I have no clue.
"Hmm? Who?" I ask him. Trying not to seem to now what he's talking about.
"Mark, the one flirting with your girlfriend." He says to me very casually like this is a world wide known fact. I stand there for a second in shock trying to quickly think of a reply.
"What?! Alli? My girlfriend? No way! We're just roommates." I tell him. How the hell does he know?! Also, Alli and I decided that we can tell people we're roommates. That way it doesn't seem too suspicious that we drive to work together everyday. I'm fine with it.
"Yes Alli. Listen...I know you guys have been trying to hide the whole thing but I have unusually good senses when it comes to that stuff. And you standing here trying to burn holes into the guys head doesn't help much. I know you guys can't tell anyone because of the no dating rule but I won't tell anyone I promise." I can tell he sounds sincere. He seems very nice and it has been really hard not telling anyone. It would be a relief to tell at least one person.
"I'm holding you to it." I look over at him with a stern look and say trying to be intimidating.
"Geez, no need to burn holes in my head too." He laughs. "Secret is safe with me. I'm surprised you actually confessed to it."
"You have no idea how hard it has been to watch that guy be anywhere near her and not rip his head off." I let out with a frustrated sigh.
"What an ass." James agrees with me.
We stand there and talk for a few minutes. He asks about how we ended up together and I try to shorten the story for him. Apparently he's not a big fan of the no dating colleagues rule either that's why he's so supportive of Alli and I. I'm glad we've got at least one person on our side.
The day goes on and I'm anxious to tell Alli about all of this later. She's always so worried about anyone finding out because she doesn't want to lose her job. I understand where she's coming from but she stresses out way too much over it. On the other hand, it's kind of fun being sneaky.
After work we meet in the car. I let Alli get settled and we start driving home.
"Soooo....someone kinda knows about us at work." I nervously say.
"What?! How? Who?!" The girl next to me says trying not to freak out while I drive.
"Before you panic babe, he promised he wouldn't say anything and he seems really cool. James." I finally tell her.
"Really? Huh...no wonder he kept looking at me weird all day. I thought I had something on my face." She says with a pout towards the end.
"Yeah. He's got a thing against the rule of no dating too so he's on our side." I tell her trying to get her to not freak out anymore. It seems to have worked she doesn't seem at frantic anymore.
We go on out with our conversation, ask each other how our day went and we finally get home. I'm so glad we are because I am starving.
As we get into the door I grab the sexy woman's hand next to me and pull he towards the couch. Before she even has a chance to ask me what I'm doing I sit down and pull her so that she's sitting on my lap. My lips are attached to hers quickly and I start to grab at the hem of her shirt.
"Babe, hey, there's something I need to talk to you about before we get to far into this right now." She interrupts. Please don't be anything bad.
"What's up babe?" I ask her as I sit there still holding her in my lap. My hands are resting on her thighs.
"So.......I may have accidentally, saidyestoadatewithMark." She says very quickly I can barely understand what she said. I get a bit of it though and if she said what I think she said it's going to be a long night.
"You what? I think I heard you say you said yes to a date with someone other than me...your GIRLFRIEND." I'm trying to keep my calm but I'm not sure how to handle this right now. I knew he would try something but why the hell would she agree to it?!
"He asked me as we were getting our things together at the end of the day and I panicked! I'm sorry!" I can't believe I'm hearing this.
"So you said yes?! You didn't even have to mention you have a GIRLFRIEND if you didn't want to but that doesn't mean you say yes!"
"Baby, I'm sorry—" she tries but I cut her off.
"No. I don't want to talk about this anymore. I'm not even sure why I'm here right now. Why the hell am I here?! If you wanted to date other people you could have told me at least!" I'm trying hard not to yell but I'm so frustrated! I walk into the bedroom to gather my thoughts. Alli is still pacing in the living room. It hurts knowing that she would even consider going on a date with someone while we're together. Am I not enough for her?
I lay in bed for a while trying to collect myself. My cheeks are stained from my tears. I hear Alli cooking in the kitchen but I don't bother to get up.
A few minutes later she walks into the room slowly with a plate of food. The first thing I notice is homemade chunky mashed potatoes. My favorite. She knows me so well but she's also trying to apologize with food. Knowing me it's not too bad of an apology. I look up and she sends me a small smile that I don't return.
"I made your favorite." She says as she puts the plate on the table next to me and sits down. "Gray...I'm sorry. I'm so so so sorry I let this happen. It was stupid of me to let it get this far. I'll fix it I promise." She tells me as she wipes the tear from my face. She climbs into bed with me for a second and I cuddle into her a bit. I'm still a little upset but I really want us to be okay.
I sit up and grab the plate. I take a bit of the mashed potato's and they're amazing. Like always. I have no idea how she does it. Last time I tried to make them I literally burned the potatoes How the hell does someone burn potatoes?
We go into the dining room and quietly eat dinner. Neither one of us says much to the other.
I think back on how amazing the past few months have been. I've fallen so in love with the woman sitting across from me. I wasn't sure it was possible to feel this in love. I start to think that maybe we rushed into things. I mean, we did get together pretty quickly. I wonder if Alli regrets any of it. Or if she wishes that she didn't have me holding her down.
We head to bed after dinner and it's still pretty quiet. I turn over to face the beauty next to me and I can tell she almost asleep.
"Do you still want this? Us?" I question to her. I hate to say it but maybe she wants different things.
"What?! Are you kidding me? This is all I've ever wanted." She tells me slightly sitting up. "Why would you even ask me that?" She sounds a little hurt by my question.
"Idk...I just thought that maybe we rushed into this. Maybe I don't pay enough attention to you anymore. Or that maybe you wanted to explore your options with other people." I'm holding back tears as I say all of this. I just want her to be happy. No matter who it's with. Even if it's not with me as much as it pains me to think about.
"Grayson, look at me." She says I'm a serious tone. She grabs a hold of my face in her hand and caresses my cheek with her thumb. "You are the single most amazing person that has walked into my life. You have showed me what true love really feels like. Before I met you I swore to myself that I was doomed when it came to relationships. Nothing ever good came my way and I was starting to except that. But then one day a beautiful girl walked up to me and all I said was good morning." She continues with the cutest smile on her face. "In that moment my heart exploded with joy. Getting to know you, and then becoming more than friends taught me that love finds it's way to you even when you can't find it. Everyday since I have met you I haven't gone a day without a smile on my face because of you. I fall in love with you every second of everyday. I don't want anyone else out there. When I look into the future and picture my life, you are the only person I picture it with." I wipe a tear from my face. A happy tear of course. "Maybe a few little you's too." She continues. "But you have my heart and I'm not ever letting you go." She finishes with a small kiss to my lips.
I'm surprised when I hear the part about 'little me's'. We haven't really talked about kids because it always seemed too soon. I wouldn't mind having a family with her someday.
   "Honestly, I don't even know what to say. There's nothing I can say to beat that." I tell her with a small laugh. "I feel the same way. Just to let you know. There isn't a day that goes by that I regret anything that has happened between us. You make my life whole."
  Still facing her, laying in bed I scoot closer and cuddle into her. She wraps her arms around me and I relax into her warmth. I can feel myself drifting to sleep.
   "I love you Alli...goodnight beautuful." I mumble with my eyes closed.
   "Goodnight Gray. I love you too. To the moon and back." She tells me as she kisses my forehead.