Trouble

Heading into work today I am so exhausted. I haven't been sleeping the greatest lately. I woke up last night from a nightmare. I didn't wake Alli because I didn't want her not to get any sleep either. Also, I was a little embarrassed to tell her that I had a nightmare about giraffes. Giraffes. Who has nightmares about that? Most people love them. Not me. Not anymore.
   I grab a coffee from the vending machine before I start working. I didn't have much time before I left to make any. Things with Alli and I were pretty normal this morning. We didn't talk much about the argument we had last night. We went about our usual routine and it seemed good. Getting to my work station I'm dreading the entire day. Right now I'm just looking forward to lunch. Food. My favorite. Today I packed fruit and cold pizza. Everyone thinks I'm weird but I love cold pizza.
   As I go about my day it seems to drag on. It feels like it should be almost time for lunch but I still have an hour once I look at my watch. Ugh. I take a second to breath and stretch.
   "You good?" Someone says from behind me. I get startled very easily. I jump and look to see who it is. Luckily it's just James. If it were anyone else I would have been annoyed. "Sorry didn't mean to scare you." He says with a small laugh.
   "It's alright. I scare easily." I tell him. "Yeah, I'm good, just tired." I reply to his question.
   "Rough night?" He asks.
   "A bit. But I'm alright. How about you?" I ask him. James is one of the few people I actually don't mind having a conversation with at work.
   "I'm doing pretty dandy. I actually just came over with some good news to tell you." He says with a smile. A bit of a mischievous look on his face. I could use a laugh, or some good news.
   "Hit me." I tell him. I'm excited. I don't even know what for.
   "Your girl just embarrassed the hell out of Mark! He tells me. Now I'm intrigued. "Apparently he came up to her flirting like usual, and then tried to grab her ass as he walked away, and before you get mad she handled it!" I would still like to handle it some more. What a jerk face he is.
   I listen to his story more. He tells me that As soon as it happened she turned around, shocked that it actually happened, then proceeded to threaten to write him up for it. From what James heard, and everyone else standing by she chewed his head off. I'm glad he deserved it. Who tries to grab someone's ass while at work? That's just gross and disrespectful.
   "Oh...and she may have kinda come out in the end of her rant." He adds.
   "What? How?" I ask shocked that she did. I didn't think she was ready to tell anyone and that is totally fine with me. Whenever she's ready is perfect for me.
   "Well...she may have mentioned something about how even if she was straight she wouldn't go for a guy like him. Pretty much implying that she isn't." James says to me.
   "Wow. Well if she's okay with it then that's completely fine. It's her decision. I'm still very impressed with her whole speech. The jerk had it coming to him." I reply. I totally wish I could have seen the whole thing. I'm proud that she stood up for herself. She's very hot when she's mad too. Damn. How did I get so lucky?
   "I should probably go talk to her and see how she's doing. I know how much she hates confrontation." I tell him with a small laugh. I walk away and go to find my beautiful girlfriend. Finally I see her standing by her desk. I can tell she's frustrated so I walk over and say hello.
   "Hi." I smile at her. "I heard." I tell her knowing she will know what I mean. She looks back at me with a small smile in return.
   "You know how much I hate confrontation. It was horrible. But he deserved every bit! I can't believe I let it go on for so long. And how dare he try to grab my ass?! At work? Who the hell does he think he is?! Ugh. I'm putting in his transfer paper work right now. I can't stand to work in the same department with him everyday." She finishes. I can't help but feel bad that she has to do this.
   "I'm sorry babe. I uh—also heard you kinda came out? You okay with that?" I sit down in the chair next to her desk. Today's been a slow day so I have a little bit of time to chat.
   "Yeah...I'm not sure I really meant to do that, it kinda just came out in my rant of anger I guess." Alli tells me.
   "At least you didn't get pushed out of the closet. That would suck." I try to tell her to make her feel better.
   "I guess so. I just hope people don't start assuming we're together. I don't think I'm ready for that yet." She tells me. I can tell she didn't mean it in a bad way at all. Lately I've noticed that she's been really stressed out. I'm not sure if it's all work related or not but I need to find a way to help her relax.
   We say our goodbyes and I go back to work. The passes by very slowly. I spend the rest of my day thinking of ways I can make her day better. I thought of cooking dinner but we all know that wouldn't end very well.
At the end of the day we head to car and make our way home. Alli usually goes straight upstairs and takes a quick shower as soon as we get home. Sometimes we share a shower but it's actually kind of nice to take separate showers sometimes. It makes it nice when we do share a shower it just feels more special. I'm not sure if that's normal or not but for us it is.
As she's showering I find all the candles I can around the house. I secretly ordered flowers during the last hour of work so they would be here right after we got home. I'm glad very timing worked out. I make a path of candles leading to the living room when I have the lights dimmed, the flowers in a vase on the table and some rose pedals spread out on the floor. I know it may not seem like much but I hope it makes her day better. Seeing a smile on that woman's face is the reason behind my happiness and I want to show her that. I want to show her how much she means to me.
I hear the shower turn off which means I only have a few minutes until she comes out of the bedroom. I sit on the couch waiting as I hear her call me from the bedroom.
"Hey baby, do you know where my hair brush is?" She asks. I know exactly where it is but I lie and tell her that it's on the coffee table. She walks out and once she sees everything she gasps slightly. Her eyes wander around the room looking at everything before she looks up at me. My heart melts the moment she looks at me.
"Wha—what is all of this?" The love of my life asks with a smile on her face. Still a little shocked of everything happening.
"I know you didn't have the best day and I just wanted to do something to show you how much you mean to me. You deserve so much more but I was limited on time." I tell her. Walking over to her I grab her hands in mine and lead her through the path of candles and onto the couch. I press lay on the movie I have set up and the beginning of Captain America:Winter Soldier starts to play. I know it's not a romantic movie but it's her favorite.
"Gray...this is one of the best and most thoughtful things someone has done for me. Honestly, it's #1. And so are you." She laughs slightly. "I can't wait until the day I can tell the whole world that you're mine."
"I'll be glad when that day comes too. I'll shout it from the rooftops if I have to." I tell her with a smile. I would find the tallest building I could and shout it at the top of my lungs for her. I want the world to know that I'm madly in love with the gorgeous woman sitting in front of me.
We spend the rest of the night watching the movie and making out a bit. I give her a back massage right before we head to bed and I can tell she's so tired. Looking down at my sleepy girl I can't help but to wonder how I got so lucky. A year ago I would have imagined I would still be with Sam. But now, it's like this was meant to be. I can't picture it any other way.

My bossOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara