Chapter 7

"Reggie, truth or dare?" Asked Sirius.
"Oh no, I'm not getting myself trapped in a game of truth or dare with the two biggest idiot I know, no way."
"Aww, is ittle baby Black Scared?" Cooed James.
"SHUT IT!" I snapped.
"Make me!" He teased.

"Fine, I dare you to shut up!" I said, obviously annoyed with the raven haired boy.
"It's not your turn, besides, I would of chosen truth." Said James.
"Coward," I mumbled under my breath, although I could tell James still heard.

"Regs, truth or dare?" Sirius asked, reminding us of his presence.
"What, forgot I'm here too?" He asked, seeing our faces.
"I told you, I'm. not. Playing." I said, staring him down.
"Pshhh, and you called James the coward." Sirius said, rolling his eyes.

"I know what you're trying to do and it won't work." I said, staring him in the eyes.
"I guess James was right, baby Black is scared." Sirius said, trying to agitate me.
"DON'T CALL ME THAT!" I snapped at him.
"Gesh, you don't even get that mad at James for calling you it" remarked Sirius.

"That's because I'm the only one who gets to call him that." James said with a huge grin on his face.
I get up to leave, getting tired of the bickering.

"Sit down." Sirius said sternly.
"W- just let me go, I'm sick of you two already." I explained.
"Ouch, that's tough Black." Said James.
"Whatever, I'm going to bed." I said, trying to leave once more.

"Oh please, we all know that when anyone says that, they aren't actually going to bed!" Exclaimed Sirius.
"What are you gonna do about it, watch me sleep?" I joked, although they didn't seem to take it as a joke...

The look at each other and nodded. "That's exactly what we'll do Regs." James said.
"What what?"
"Well how else will we know if your lying to us Reggy?" Asked Sirius.
"Fine."

They followed me out of the room and into the room I'm staying in. I didn't bother turning on the lights and made sure to close the door after the came in. "Ouch!" James cried as a heard a bang from the side of the room, from him most likely stubbing his toe on the dresser, as it was pitch black in the room.

'How does he even do that? The room is quite simple and it's his house, he should know the room better than me.' I thought to myself.

Without changing, I immediately got into bed, ignoring the others two boys, leaving them to fend for themselves.
__________

The next morning I woke up to two grunts of complaints coming from the side if my room.
I opened my eyes in confusion, seeing the two boys now laying on the floor, right beside the giant bay window, probably having slept on the bay window seat but fallen off throughout the night.

"You guys could of gone back to your own rooms, you know that, right?" I asked, mainly concerned about their sanity.

"W-we know, we just, wanted to make sure you were asleep, you know?" James stuttered, awkwardly.
"Rightttt, now get out of my room so I can change."

__________

Sirius and James left to their own rooms to get dressed, leaving me in silence. I quickly went to get dressed before sitting down in the window seat in the silence... which was soon interrupted by a knock on my door.

'It shouldn't be this hard to find some peace and quiet!' I complained to myself.

"What?" I said, in an annoyed tone, as I opened the door.  "Good morning to you too." Said Sirius
"I've already seen you both this morning, isn't it too late to say that?" I asked, rolling my eyes.
"Yes but it's still morning so technically we still got a couple hours until that statement is unvalid." Replied James.

"God you two are annoying!" I said, rolling my eyes as I flopped back onto my bed.

"Anyways, we can to tell you breakfast is ready and after breakfast we were thinking of heading outside," Explained James. "Ah yes, going out in the cold snow, just what I wanted," I said sarcastically.

"Gesh, fine. If you'd like, you can stay in the warm greenhouse there's tones of plants you may draw," Said James.
"Really?" I asked with a smile. That actually sounded nice.

James hummed in response as Sirius turned out of the door way and started to leave. "Where are you going, Siri?" I asked confused.
"Breakfast was ready like twenty minutes ago, I'm hungry!" Complained Sirius.

"It's only been two minutes, stop being dramatic," I said, rolling my eyes. "I'm the drama queen? Says you, you're the one who refuses to go outside because it's cold!" Sirius fought back.

"It's snowing and I don't want to be soaking wet and cold!" I Whined, causing Sirius to roll him eyes back. This time James started to leave. "Where are you going?" Sirius and I snapped at him.

"I thought you were hungry Sirius?" "I- let's go," Sirius said, forgetting about our previous argument, which I totally won...

We walked down into the dining room where Mr and Mrs Potter were waiting. For breakfast we had scrambled eggs and bacon.

Like last night, Sirius and James got into a small conversation and Mr and Mrs Potter talked together, probably seeing as James and Sirius were busy. I tried to look like I was engaged into Sirius and James' conversation so Mr and Mrs Potter wouldn't try and pull me into any awkward conversation, which didn't last long.

"So Regulus, we already know tons about your brother, but only what James has told us in his letters about you," 'Wait, he's talked about me in his letters?' "So tell us, what are your hobbies and interests?" Mrs Potter asked, I really need to learn her name.
"Well, I ugh. I enjoy painting as well as drawing, reading and I play the piano." I listed off.

"What about quidditch?" She asked. "Well I've never actually played quidditch but I enjoy flying, I'll probably tryout for the team next year," I told the lady. James, having heard us mention quidditch was suddenly intrigued into the conversation.

"Oh please, you know you'll never win against us Gryffindors " Teased James. "James, be nice," Mrs Potter told her son sternly. "Yes mum," James mumbled.

"You know what, I think I should tryout for seeker, that way we can really see who better," I said, glaring at the older boy, causing him to scoff, "You couldn't even beat me in your dreams!" Replied the over confident boy.

"Jokes on you, I would write my dream so I couldn't lose!" I joked back. "I-" James was interrupted by him mother. "Oh James, leave the poor boy alone!" She scowled. "But he- " James was cut off by Sirius' snickers. "Shut it," James muttered to Sirius.