Chapter fifty two - Questioning.

"Ah, It's a pleasure to finally meet you." Lestrade says as he walks into the questioning room. There's a light-brown file in his hands that he slams onto the table casually, before dragging a chair out and taking a seat. Me and Sherlock walk in after him, Sherlock's hands dug deep into the prodigious pockets of his trench-coat while the collars were turned upwards. When we're in the room Donavon joins us, closing the door behind her. She steps into the corner of the room and observes, simultaneously folding her arms. Me and Sherlock take a seat at the questioning table. The room was bleak and imperturbable, the lights were dim which also setted the dreary mood that we all felt. 

I looked ahead at the man sat at the opposite side of the questioning table. His eyes were averted to his hands that were together on the table. His face looked annoyed and bitter but he still didn't want to look up to meet our eyes. Lestrade reaches his hand up and covers his mouth as he lets out a throaty cough, before he reached out to grab the file he had put on the table. He opened it and skimmed read some information that was displayed about the man in front of us.

"Look's like your name as been down for loads of crimes." Lestrade starts, "Theft, abduction, even murder." Lestrade raised his brows before he closed the file and put it back on the table. He looked at the man, waiting for a response, but nothing came. "I'm mean yes, we can't prove non of this. But your face matches some of the facial composite from witnesses. Plus these two here have saw you with James himself.  I done some researching and found out you're a devoted sportsman and highly skilled guns man. But you're welcome to deny it all."

I felt enraged, aggravated, awkward. Different feelings all at once that confused me but I knew one thing was for certain.

I wanted to slam this guys head across a brick wall.

"You might as well talk to us." Sherlock spoke up, his face washed from emotions as he looked at this man. Sherlock felt no sympathy or regret, in fact I knew he was grinning on the inside at the fact he caught him. "You're going down one way or another -- and telling the truth could make your sentence a lot less shorter. We know who you are. You're Moriartys right-hand man. Moriarty is the trigger, and you're the bullet. You're Sebastian Moran."

Sebastian finally looks up, his eyes dark and left me with an uneasy feeling in my stomach. Finding him was pretty easy, which is what surprised me. He works with Moriarty, nothing about this should be easy.

But here we are, sitting in the same room with the one and only Sebastian Moran.

Last time we saw Sebastian he was threatening to shoot Mary and Mrs Hudson, but under Moriarty's control. It was easy for Sherlock to figure out that Sebastian works for Moriarty, but in this case, Moriarty is the trigger. He tells Sebastian what he want's and Sebastian obeys. Sebastian is the bullet. Moriarty is the one in control.

Sebastian meets my eyes for a moment. I don't look away. I don't blink. He slightly turns his head to the side and squints his eyes at me for a short second, trying to figure me out for some bizarre reason. I raise my one brow in amusement, showing him that I know what he was doing, and I wanted to know why, but our non-verbal conversation got cut short when Sherlock started to speak again.

"Moriarty is cleverer than this. This was too easy. He wanted us to find you." Sherlock then breaks into a big smile. Not that he was happy, but he wanted to get Sebastian to talk. He wanted him to know that Moriarty didn't care about him, so maybe in revenge Sebastian would talk about his plans. "I'm sorry to have to break this to you, but you've been set up."

It's silent for a short moment, and Sebastian looks back down towards his hands before breaking out into laughter. Lestrade furrows his eyebrows in a questioning manner and turns to glance at Sherlock and me to see if we knew what was happening. Sherlock is taken aback by Sebastian's laughing, and I continue to look at him questionably. Lestrade look's back at him, and decided to fold his arms uncomfortably.

Sebastian's laughter dies down, and his shakes his head in disbelief, a smile still plastered on his face. "How do you know that this isn't planned?" Sebastian questions, "Are you really that stupid to believe that I'm here because of a slip up? I bet you found me through my phone, right?"

Sebastian brings his hands off the table and rests them on his lap before leaning his back against the cold chair he sat on. He's silent after that, beside the smile that was still on his dainty face. He refused to talk anymore. That was the first thing Sebastian told us, and the last thing he wanted to tell us.

AN: You have no idea how many times I accidentally wrote Sebastian Stan instead of Moran. Oops.

Anyway, I'm so sorry for the lack of updates, AGAIN! I have a week off school next week so I'm hoping to write quite a few chapters. Thank you for understand!