Chapter twenty four - Cheers.

AN: Sorry for making Sherlock a bit out of character in the recent up dates, I'll try and make him more like himself in the up-coming updates. Enjoy!

I was so bored that night. Sherlock was looking through some files about April Townsend, and I was lying on the sofa with Chester next to me. I decide on reading a book, since Sherlock wasn't doing much talking or including me in any conversation about the files he had in his hand.

I hear footsteps, then the sound of a door opening. I look up from my book and see Mary peeping her head through, smiling at me. Chester jumps of the couch to greet her and I sit up, putting my book to the side.

"Oh no, not Mary."

"Shut up." She rolls her eyes jokingly, and let's herself in and sit's next to me on the couch. Sherlock tears his eyes away for a moment, but then continues to look back at the statement's from April's family. "Guess what?"

"What?" I question lazily. She grins widely, and leans closer towards me.

"Amelia is more attached to me then she is to John, so John wants to spend time with Amelia alone for some hours tonight."

I stare at her blankly, not understanding her point. "...Congratulations."

She tuts, "Listen, I haven't been out to the bar in ages."

"So...You want to spend your free time at the bar?" I raise my eyebrow. She grins in excitement, and nods her head.

"Please come with me."

I pause and think about it. Why the hell not? It's been ages since I've been to the frickin' bar. I shrug, and nod my head. She claps her hands in excitement and squeals, grabbing my own shoes for me before I could even reach them.

I slip on my shoe's and head towards the door with Mary.

"Why are you going to the bar?" I hear a voice behind me. I turn around and give him a smile.

"I'm bored."

"I thought you were helping me with the case?"

"I am, but I'm obviously not doing anything case related tonight."

He sighs, and roll's his eyes, "Do whatever you want, just remember there's a murderer on the lose."

"I'll protect her." Mary smirks, and pull's me out the door. It wasn't hard to find a local bar in London, and it took us less then ten minutes to get in one and order a drink. 

"Planning on getting drunk?" I ask curiously. She snorts.

"I have a child to get home to."

"Right." I say, shaking my head at the stupidity at my own question. Mary nudges me with her arm, and smirks.

"Doesn't mean you can't get drunk though."

I chuckle, "I can't go back drunk, what would Sherlock and Mrs Hudson think?"

She shrugs, "I won't let you get too drunk."

"I'm not going to get drunk. End of." I laugh, and take a sip of my drink. It was alcohol, but not enough to get me drunk, "I won't let you get drunk if you don't let me get drunk, okay?"

"Alright." She smile's, and holds her glass up. I hit my glass cup with her's and nod my head slightly, "Cheers."

I take a sip, "Cheers."