Chapter fifty - New year.

I woke up one morning to the sun shining unwelcomely through my window, reflecting off my mirror and towards my face- making me grimace and cover my face with a pillow. The pain in my head wouldn't fritter and I could taste the bitter taste of alcohol in my dry mouth. Why do they even let me drink? I wonder, thinking about how unreliable my friends could be. Especially Mary, I knew that John and Sherlock would've told me to stop.

I hear my bedroom door open, and I don't even remove my pillow or lift my head to see who it was. It was most likely Sherlock anyway.

"Don't you look full of life." Sherlock comments, and I hear him put something down on my chester draw beside my bed before he continued, "Brought you a glass of water and some paracetamol to help with your hangover."

"Hm, thank you." I mumble back, removing the pillow off my head to reveal how dreadful I looked. I looked over at my draw, staring at it for a moment before reaching out slowly to grab the glass of water and tablets, "Happy new year, by the way." I said, holding my glass up to him as a toast before putting the paracetamol in my mouth and gulping down some water.

"Happy new year." He replied, standing by my bedroom door as he looked down at me. I remembered last night, I didn't get completely plastered- I only got a bit tipsy as I had a few more drinks then intended. Mary was the same, she's probably sharing the equal amount of pain I'm experiencing right now.

To celebrate New Year's Eve we went to John and Mary's house with Mrs Hudson. We didn't bother to go out since we knew it would be best to stay inside, so instead we played weird, but fun games on the Wii and played a quiz game (which Sherlock got a little bit competitive over.) 

I think 2014 was a good year. I solved my first case, me and Sherlock started dating. I had a dog, Amelia was born, me and Mary became closer friends and Sherlock became more social. Even though some shitty things happened too, I think it's safe to say that I enjoyed last year.

Hopefully this year will be great, too.

"Anyway, get ready straight away because we're busy."

I let out a groan, not really wanting to spend the first of January doing work. "It's too early to be busy, and I'm in pain..." I pout, hoping he will show some sign of sympathy but nope. That never works on Sherlock.

"Harrison is paying us a visit. I asked John to come, but he wants to stay with Mary and Amelia and I can't get him to change his mind." He shrugged slightly to indicate that he wasn't bothered, but I knew he was. I give him an apologetic smile.

"We'll be fine." I comment, slowly sitting up and leaning my back against the backboard of my bed, "Harrison doesn't seem that bad. What did he do that was so bad, anyway?"

Sherlock stay's silent for a moment, deep in thought as if he was remembering something. He then shakes his head slightly and looks at me as he snaps back into reality. "Nothing for you to worry about. Hurry up and get dressed."

He shuts the door behind him when he leaves. I briefly close my eyes and exhale, not even wanting to bother Sherlock with questions about his past. He was a hard person to crack, but I'm sure he would tell me when the time is right.

Ignoring the pain in my head, I began to sit up, grimacing as I slowly swung my feet out of bed and heading towards my wardrobe, picking out an out outfit with was manly black- showing the lack of motivation and dedication I had for the day ahead.

AN: Happy new year! Sorry for the lack of update's recently, it's my last year of school so I have a heck load of revison to do.

Thank you for reading, love y'all:*