Chapter thirty seven - Moriarty.

Bill had returned about three hours later. He mentioned that some of the homeless network had seen a guy with a sniper walk into a certain building. So that's exactly why me, Sherlock, John and Bill were silently sneaking into the building where people had witnessed this 'guy' carrying a sniper into the old building, which had construction equipment everywhere as it was being re-built. I dug my hands into my pockets and tried to walk as quiet as I can, following Sherlock who gripped the gun that was in his coat pocket. We hear a noise of someone tripping over a plastic box and snapped our heads around. 

Billy looked at the box and then back to us, holding his hands up slightly, "Sorry."

I'm pretty sure we all pulled the same, annoyed facial expression at him before turning around and carried on walking forward. I silently walk towards Sherlock's side, keeping my voice in a low whisper.

"This is to easy." I whispered, keeping my gaze ahead of us. 

"I know it is," Sherlock replied, "Either he's gotten stupid or this is a trap, that he wants us to find him."

"...Right." I nodded, not feeling so reassured. We carried on walking until we heard the faint muffle of cries. Quickly, we all lean against the wall. Sherlock peeks his head around the corner slightly, trying to see where the sound was coming from.

"Sherlock?" John whispers, his head leaning forward to see him, "What do you see?"

"I see him." Sherlock spits, his voice laced with venom. John sighs and leans his head back against the wall, closing his eyes breifly to think.

"...Okay. Do you see Mary or Mrs Hudson?"

"Yes, he's watching them."

"Then what are we watching for?"

"This could be a trap."

"We need to get Mary and-"

"I know you're here, boys."

John stops talking, and my breathing gets trapped by the lump that formed in my throat. His voice so much, much softer than I expected. He didn't even sound angry, or happy, or anything. He just sounded... Emotionless.

I finally gulp. Me, John and Bill look at Sherlock for him to do something. Sherlock exhales, then takes out his gun, walking out from the corner and exposing himself to the man that spoke to us. John decides to follow him, his fists tightened in a ball. Me and Bill look at each other, and he shrugs his shoulders slightly, still unsure. I sigh, then me and Bill follow them both, reveling ourselves to the man Sherlock hated the most.

"Nice meeting you all again," Moriarty says, not even looking. He turns his head around to glance at us, staring at me and Bill with big, puppy eyes, "I like your new pets."

Moriarty stood there, his hands behind his back and he stood in front of Mary and Mrs Hudson. They were tied up on chairs by metal chains, with a cloth tied around their mouths so they couldn't speak. Mrs Hudson had dry tears and dry mascara under her eyes, where as Mary just looked angry. 

"We're going to get you out." John speaks up, staring at Mary and Mrs Hudson, "I promise."

"Oh, don't be so sure about that." Moriarty finally smiles, moving his feet until hes close enough to Sherlock. He stares into Sherlock's eyes, and doesn't even move his head as he moves his eyes to look down at the gun in Sherlock's hands, "I see you missed me, huh?"

"How did you survive?" Sherlock questions, his eyes not moving from Moriarty. Moriarty smiles, then reaches his hand up and brushes it against Sherlock's shoulder, as if he was brushing off some dust. He then backs away, standing in front of the two hostages again.