Chapter thirty eight - Distraction.

Sherlock was silent during the taxi ride home. It was mainly John speaking to Mrs Hudson and Mary, making sure they were alright. John was going to carry on and go straight home with Mary since before we all left we gave Amelia to one of his neighbors to look after, and Mary desperately wanted to see her child.

Me, Billy, Mrs Hudson and Sherlock get out the cab and I pay the cab driver, before we all start to walk towards the dull set of flats. When Sherlock gets in he storms up stairs immediately, and I sigh, looking at Mrs Hudson and Billy.

"Billy, can you make sure Mrs Hudson is okay and take her into her flat?" I question, rubbing my forehead briefly as I didn't know what to do about the whole situation, "Run her a bath, cook her a meal, anything-"

"Oh, I'm allright dear!" She shakes her head, sniffling and smiling. I smile back.

"I know, but just to make sure... And I want to have a word with Sherlock."

"Oh, alright. Come Billy, I'll cook something for us both." Mrs Hudson says, tapping his back as he walked into her apartment. That's what I loved about Mrs Hudson. She was never really a negative person. After her traumatizing experience she should be resting and relaxing, but still offers to cook and help others. 

She walks into her own apartment, and I exhale before finally heading upstairs. I slowly open the door, seeing Sherlock staring out the window and onto the quiet streets. When he hears the sound of my footsteps and the door shutting behind me he turns around and walks up to me.

"Listen, Sherlock-"

I'm cut off from his lips crashing on mine.

A wave of emotions battled for dominance in my mind. Shock. Confusion. Lust?

I was more than confused to why Sherlock was kissing me, and why he was kissing me so desperately. He was normally like an awkward turtle when it came to things like this, so why has he finally decided to do this now?

Then it hit me. I was probably just a distraction. Something to take his mind of things. He wasn't doing this because he finally wanted to take it to another level with me, he wanted to forget today's most recent events.

And it hurts that he's only using me as a distraction, but nonetheless I kiss him back almost immediately, wrapping my hands and locking them between his curly hair. 

I feel my back collide with the closed door behind me, and I feel his hands on my waist as his kisses become rougher. One of his hands leave my waist and he interlocks his fingers with mine, holding my hand above my shoulder.

And we carry on kissing for at least another minute, but then suddenly he stops. He pulls away and looks down, his face still close to mine. My eyes re-open. Our breathing is rapid as we breathe for air, and I relax against the door, knowing that he's stopped because he realised what he was doing, and how out of character he was being.

"I..." He pauses, his hand leaving mine, "...Sorry."

"Don't be." I tell him, still trying to catch my breath. That was probably one of the best snogs I've had in years. But, I would've stopped it before it got that far, anyway. I wouldn't want our first time to happen just because I was his distraction.

He shakes his head briefly, "Um..." He steps away from me and walks away towards his bedroom. I hear his bedroom door shut. I feel like I should make sure he's alright, but decide to leave him alone for a little while, to think. I close my eyes and sigh. I could still taste him. The taste of strong coffee mixed with the slight taste of cigarette smoke, and surprisingly, I wanted to taste that again.