Chapter two - Sleep.

I yawn slightly in ennui from reading these files, finally reaching the end of the pile. Lestrade had given me case files from nine years ago that were somehow related to the latest abductions of children that was happening in London. In 2005, there were five children that were abducted. Three were found dead, one child had remained missing, and the other was found beaten, but lived nonetheless. The child describe the man that took him, and it matched the look statements that witnesses have been giving Scotland's Yard when the other children were taken. We know it was the same man who were taken the children again, because he normally left us the child's shoes on the spot where he had taken them.

I hear footsteps in front of me but I don't bother to look up. I was sitting on John's arm chair, with some files on my lap and the rest on the coffee table. There was a loud sound of someone sitting down on a chair with such an impact it made me raise my head to give them a look of curiosity. Sherlock was sat on his arm chair, staring at me. His hair was messy and he had bags under his eyes. I frowned.

"Sherlock, have you gotten any rest?"

"What are those?" He gestures to the files with his eyes. 

"Its for the case I'm helping Lestrade on," I tell him, "Now, answer my question. Have you been to sleep recently?"

He stays quiet.

"Sherlock-"

"I was working on my personal case," He says, meaning the Moriarty case, "There is not much more to do. Its so exhausting, I can't find nothing. Personally, I don't think Moriarty is even alive. I think someone set that up, someone who knew Moriarty-"

"If you start explaining your theories now, you defiantly won't sleep. Come on." I put the files that were on my lap onto the coffee table and stand up before walking towards Sherlock, "Bed."

"So what's your tedious case about?" He changes subject. I exhale softly, trying to stop myself from rolling my eyes. 

"Its about missing children."

"That's dull. Serial killers are more interesting."

"How do you know these are not serial killers? The man has killed some of his victims."

He nods, and brings his hands up to his chin in a prayer position.

"You really need to sleep, so get up."

"I appreciate your charisma-"

"What charisma?" 

"But I assure you I am totally fine and in equanimity. Your attempt to help was a fiasco, Holland."

I roll my eyes and cross my arms, "Sherlock, if you don't get of your frickin' arse now I will seriously kick you in the face. Just sleep for ten minutes, and I guarantee you, you will not want to wake up for another eight hours at least. You need sleep."

He's silent. He may be scintillating, but he's peevish. He looks away from my eyes at the sign of defeat, and stands up of the chair. I give him a warm smile, and watch him like hawk as he walks to his room. I don't remove my eyes from him until he completely disappears. I wasn't sure if he would actually do as he was told and went to sleep, but i'll check on him in ten minutes to make sure.

My phone goes off, and I pick it up and answer it immediately, "Hello?"

"Another child was taken, need you here as soon as possible."

"Alright," I answer Lestrade, "Where is it?"

"I'll text you the address, we're going to see the child's parents soon." 

"Alright, thanks. See you soon."

"Bye." Lestarde says before quickly hanging up. I go into my room and grab my grey jacket and putting it on. But before I left, I slightly open Sherlock's door and peek my head through the crack of the door. 

He was already fast asleep. 

I smile, and close his door quietly. I knew he was tired, the lying idiot. 

I put my black boots on and grab my phone before leaving.