Chapter thirty nine - Girls night.

Sherlock didn't say anything about what had happened. He acted like it never happened, which was fine. I understood why, I guess. I didn't really want to bring it up either.

I decided that a girls night would be best for me, Mary and Mrs Hudson. After being kidnapped I assumed they would like to have a cuddly night to snuggle under a blanket while watching movies and eating cakes and chocolates and maybe even pasta. Who knows? We could probably eat a whole cupboard of food.

Mrs Hudson and Mary thought this was a great idea, so Mary immediately decided to let us stay over hers. John went over to mine and Sherlock's apartment for the night, while me, Mrs Hudson and Mary got ready for our 'girls night.' Normally I easily get bored at a sleepover. They were fun at first, but then I would start to miss my own bed and would get this weird feeling in my stomach, but tonight was about Mrs Hudson and Mary. They deserved this. 

"I baked us a cake earlier and made us some cups of tea." Mrs Hudson smiles, walking into Mary's living room, holding a tray. I smiled. She was so sweet. I swear she wanted to be a housekeeper more than a landlord, because she always acted like it. But, just to make things absolutely clear, Mrs. Hudson is in fact the landlady of 221 Baker Street, not the housekeeper!

"Thanks, Mrs Hudson!" Mary replied, looking through a bunch of DVD's to watch, "I don't mean to sound rude, but what actually is your first name?"

"It's alright deary," He smiles, placing the tray onto the coffee table, "My first name is Martha, but you can gladly call me Mrs Hudson. I'm used to it."

Me and Mary smile at her answer, "That's a lovely name."

Mrs Hudson smiled at us both before sitting next to me and slipping her slippers off her feet, "So, Mary. What film are we going to be watching then?"

"Uh, I'm thinking either Kill Bill or Fast and Furious."

I let out a laugh, "Mrs Hudson won't like them."

"Fine, the notebook!" Mary groaned.

"The notebook is too lovey-dovey for me."

"For god's sake, Holly!"

"What? You don't want to watch that film too!"

"Okay okay, fine. What about Clueless?"

"I quite like that film, actually..." I reply. 

"I've never watched it, deary." Mrs Hudson comments, "Let's watch that one then! It's sounds wonderful!"

"Okay then!" Mary flashes her beautiful smile and gets the disk out of the case. She was about to put it in the TV but was cut off by the sound of crying. Mary sighs and sits up, "That would be Amelia waking up. Put this one will you while I bring her down?" Mary asks. I nod and get off the sofa, grabbing the DVD from her hands. I put the DVD into the player, painetly waiting for it to load before sitting next to Mrs Hudson and grabbing a piece of cake. Mary re-joins us again with Amelia in her arms and sits next to Mrs Hudson.

"Awh, hello sweetie." Mrs Hudson smiles and strokes Amelia's cheek. Mary smiles.

"Is the DVD in?"

"Yep!"

"I have to say girls, I'm really glad you let me join. That night was so terrible." Mrs Hudson says, frowning slightly. I pull her in for a side hug.

"It's okay, I know you went through I tough time, you'll feel better soon."

"Exactly," Mary cuts in, "And trust me, I can relate."

Mrs Hudson chuckles, "I know, I know. Anyway, this film!" She says, and soon enough after making sure Mrs Hudson was feeling okay we started to watch the film. I smiled as the film began. For some reason I've always loved this film. It never got old.

"I used to watch this film with my brother." I randomly blurt out, like I just came out with whatever thought popped into my mind. Technically I had to force him to watch it with me. He always used to say he only watched it for the attractive girls but secretly I new he loved the film.

"What? You have a brother?" Mary asks, shocked. I chuckle.

"Yeah."

"What happened to him?"

I shrug slightly, my eyes not leaving the TV as the film plays, "He just left one day. I haven't seen him since."

"...Oh." Mary replies awkwardly, not knowing what else to say, "What a prick."

I let out a laugh, "Yeah."

I wasn't sure why my brother left. He said he wanted to explore the world, but if he left to do that then surely he would have left a note or something? I didn't let it get it get to me as much. I stopped grieving over him a long time ago, I just hope he's happy now, and maybe making friends with people from China and Italy like he always said he would.

It falls silent as we begin to watch the film. We silently sip our tea and eat the delicious cake that Mrs Hudson baked for us, and Amelia fell silent as she slowly began to close her small eyes. And just like that, our girl night began.