Chapter twenty three - I love you.

Warning:  Some mentions of rape, not that descriptive but still.

The next morning I woke up quite early. I was still tired, but I knew now that If I tried to go back to sleep it wouldn't work. I grab my phone and check the time and saw that it was half past nine in the morning. Sighing, I slowly swing my feet out of bed and head towards my bedroom door.

Bill didn't say anything to me when I got in last night. He just gave me these glares, but surely he saw me pull away from Erin? I didn't even kiss him back for Christs sake. 

I stayed in the living room with Sherlock's parents, Bill and Amelia after that. We all watched a film, well, technically me and Sherlock's mom didn't watch much as we were talking all the way through it. We we're mainly complaining about different things and talking about interesting life events. I went to bed at half ten, so I wasn't sure when Sherlock and the others came back.

I walked out my bedroom and saw that Sherlock was sitting on his armchair, reading through some notes he had made and adding more onto the list. Bill was no where to be seen, Chester was asleep, and everyone else had gone home. I walk over to the other armchair and sit down.

"What time did you get home last night?"

"Some time in the morning." He answers, his eyes not leaving his notebook. I pause, not knowing what else to say. I wanted to say sorry for my behavior last night and blame it on my hormones, but I would still feel bad for the way I acted even if he does forgive me.

I sigh, "Look, Sherlock, I'm really sorry for how I acted last night."

"It's alright." He say's again, but he doesn't really seem bothered. I furrow my eyebrows at him, and his lifts his head to look at me, "Thinking back, I probably should have used a different chose of words. Yes you are different, and yes, of course I am intrigued, but I chose to be with you because of other reasons too. I don't completely understand the whole concept of love, but I do believe this is what it feels like, which is why I know that I won't get bored."

After hearing that I can't help but to smile at him, "Is that your way in telling me that you love me?"

He stares at me, his light blue, grey and possibly green eye's piercing through mine. His soft, delicate lip's turn up into a slight smile and the creases around his eyes and mouth become more noticeable. "...Yes."

My smile widens, and I continue to return his stare. I wonder if he knew how handsome he looked? I've never felt like this with anyone before. Sure, I've dated people before, but there was something about Sherlock that literally made me feel like my stomach had turned into butterflies. Even when he's talking about chemical compounds while he's explaining an experiment to me, I got this feeling. The feeling never left, and I never wanted it too.

"I love you too." I announce, still smiling. And then, In that moment, I wanted nothing more than to get up and kiss him. But of course I couldn't, as we were interrupted.

Sherlock's phone starts to ring. He tears his eyes away from mime and picks it up before answering it. I listen in on the conversation, I couldn't hear the other person but I was pretty sure it was Lestrade. Sherlock hangs up, stands up and heads towards his coat, "Lestrade has summoned us. I'll phone John."

"I'm not even ready yet." I reply, standing up and going back into my bedroom. I quickly throw on some clothes, put my shoes and and walk back out. Sherlock's still talking to John on his phone, trying to convince him to get dressed and meet us. I quickly feed Chester and give him some attention before seeing that Sherlock had hung up on John. I grab my coat and we head outside and get in a taxi.

"Is John coming then?"

"Yes." He reply's, putting his phone back in his pocket, "Did you get a taxi home last night?"

I suddenly grow nervous. Did Bill tell him that Erin kissed me? Maybe it looked like I kissed back through the window? But if he did then why did Sherlock admit his feelings towards me? I try to calm down, then look towards Sherlock, "Erin gave me a lift home."

"Anything interesting happen on the way back?" He question's, trying to act like he was starting a casual coversation but I knew then that Bill had told him.

"He, uh, actually he tried to kiss me." I admit. He turns his face to look at me again, showing no facial expression. Wasn't he shocked? Wasn't he mad? I raised my eyebrows, wanting to know what he was thinking.

"And did you kiss him back?"

"Of course I didn't! He's probably just going through a phase, we haven't talked much for him to like me."

"Maybe it's your looks." He mumbled, turning around and looking out the car window. I didn't really believe that someone could form a crush on me just because I had 'good looks', mainly because I didn't think I looked that good, but I know It was defiantly possible to have a crush on someone because of their looks, I mean, I had a massive crush on Danny from McFly before when I went through a McFly phase a few years ago, I didn't even know the first thing about him.

"Thank you for being honest. Bill had already told me he saw him try to kiss you." Sherlock tell's me, still looking out the window. I nod, although he can't see me, and stay silent because I didn't know what else to say.

Sherlock paid the taxi when we got there and stepped out of the car. I followed after him and approached the crime scene with him. There was an ambulance parked near us and police car's everywhere. I think there was another dead women, so I guess the predator wasn't at the ball last night then. I sigh, and carry on walking past the police officers and their car's with Sherlock. We spot John, and he walk's up to us straight away.

"So he wasn't there last night then." He starts. Me and Sherlock stand by the ambulance and start putting rubber gloves on.

"Appears not." Sherlock reply's, "One minute." He tell's us, and leaves us standing by the ambulance while he walks off. We stand here and watch him in confusion, but then I see him walking up to Erin who was talking to another police officer.

"Oh god." I mumble. John snaps his head towards me in even more confusion.

"What?"

I don't answer him, I just continue to stare ahead and so does John. Sherlock approaches Erin, and before Erin turns his head to look at him Sherlock punches him across the face. Police men rush up to Sherlock and push him away from Erin and Erin fall's backwards from the impact of Sherlock's punch. 

"Jesus Christ." John sighs in annoyance, before we both rush over towards him. When we get there Sherlock pulls his arm away from a police officers grip as he held him back. It was easy to notice that Sherlock wasn't going to attack Erin anymore, he just wanted to punch him once for doing what he did. I face palmed myself at his actions.

"What the bloody hell is happening?!" Lestrade fumes at Sherlock for an explanation. Erin stands up and wipes some blood of his lip. Sherlock glares at him, and says-

"You know what that was for."

Then he walks away towards the crime scene. I see Donovan sending him daggers with her eyes, along with the rest of the police force. Me, John and Lestrade follow Sherlock towards the dead woman, John and Lestrade still confused about what just happened. There were police around the dead body who were taking photo's for the case, and the dead woman was laying on the floor with her top ripped open and her trousers were forced back up to her waist. She also had hand marks all over her neck, so she was strangled to death. It was strange that no one heard what was going on, she was at the back of a cafe, anyone could have heard.

"No finger prints or hair on her that belong to the killer?" John asks. Lestrade shakes his head no, and Sherlock carries on deducing what he can. I turn my head away from the woman and toward's Lestrade.

"What's her name?"

"April Townsend." He answers. I frown slightly, feeling sorry for the girl. I see Erin far back, he's looking at me while holding tissue to his mouth. I mouthed a quick sorry to him, and he send's me a small smile and mouths 'It's okay.'