Chapter eighteen - The predator.

Me and Sherlock had been coming out with theory's and looking through the file for almost two days now. Bill also joined in but he was being annoying so I ignore him while him and Sherlock discussed their deductions.

I'll admit, I think I learnt some good observational skills from Sherlock, but I feel useless when it came to looking at files and coming up with theory's. It was so much easier to look at evidence in person.

"These women have all been taken and murdered on different days in a different periods of time, so he's just taken them whenever he wants. We know he can't be caught on CCTV, but takes these women from public places. His third victim, Lucy, is caught on CCTV here, heading out of a club with a man whom we can only presume was the predator-"

"The predictor?" I cut him off, confused.

"Shh," He hushes me, "This is the only time he was caught on camera, we can only see the back of him and he's wearing a beanie all around his head but from this we know he's about 6'3 and has pale skin."

"Yes, okay. Why 'The predator'?"

"Well what else are we supposed to call him?" Sherlock stands up and pins the picture of the back of the man from CCTV on the wall above the couch, "He took his last victim near Scotland's Yard, almost mocking the police. He knows they can't catch him, which is why we're going to Sophia's masquerade ball."

Bill cuts in, "Who's Sophia?"

"She put posters up around Oxford street saying anyone could come, I'm taking a wild guess that he'll be there."

"But there will be loads of women leaving with dates."

"We'll check who hasn't arrived with a date, and who leaves with one. Remember he's tall and pale, I'll ask John and Mary if they're interesting in coming, but they will probably stay with Amelia."

"Alright, should I tell Lestrade?" I question.

"No, we'll tell him when we have him."

"Alright then." I nod, stand up and walk over next to Sherlock, standing next to him looking at the information on the wall. I start to come up with an idea. The guy could leave with anyone, but I could try to see if he would leave with me. That'll give us the advantage to get him quicker.

"Why don't I go under cover?" I ask. Sherlock looks towards me.

"Don't be stupid."

"Don't you think I can do it?"

He turns around, leaving my eyes, and walks over towards the kitchen, "No."

"What? Seriously? After all I've been through, with Dan, and his brother and the child abductor, you don't think I can handle this?"

"You're not going under cover."

"She is right, if he takes an interest in her we could capture him easily, it's quicker than spyin' on hundreds of woman who meet guys." Bill says. I look at him and nod slightly, agreeing with him. Sherlock groans loudly, and slams a cup down onto the kitchen counter.

"Do you have to get me to say it?!"

"What are you on about?!" I snap, angry at his sudden outburst towards me. I didn't say anything bad, it was just a suggestion.

"I don't want you going undercover, Holland," He starts, and then pauses for a few seconds, "I don't want you to get hurt."

"Either way I could get hurt, you idiot."

He rolls his eyes, "No, you're not going under cover."

"You're not my mother."

"Maybe he doesn't want you flirting with another man."

"Billy, will you shut up." Sherlock snaps at Bill. This time I roll my eyes.

"Whatever."