Chapter fifty six - Arranged meeting.

I wasn't sure what time it currently was. But it was dark outside, and the only light around me was the moonlight shining luminously through the living room window and the hot flames that danced around in the fireplace as it sang and cheered crackling and snapping noises as the wood burned. The atmosphere was peaceful and inviting to anyone. I sat in John and Mary's living room, curled up by the warm fireplace on a very comfortable single-chair as I held Amelia in my arms. Her chest raise and fell as she slept quietly and dreamed of amazing things.

I heard a floorboard creak behind me and I carefully moved my head to look over my shoulder at who was entering the door. Mary approached me with a small smile on her face, and she took a seat on the near by sofa. She chuckled quietly in awe.

"She asleep?"

"Yeah." I responded, being careful not to wake her. "She's adorable."

"I know." She commented back, a smile still evident on her face. But in a few seconds it began to fall, and she looked down at her lap and twiddled with her thumbs. "Holly..."

"If you're going to tell me to go and speak to Sherlock again then don't bother."

"No no, I'm not going to tell you to do that. He's being a prick, he deserves to be ignored by you."

I'm not really taken aback, but I was surprised by what she said. Maybe it was because John wasn't in the room to tell her that she was wrong. He was normally on Sherlock's side in these situations, but this time he was on both. 

"I have some news, but you have to keep it to yourself."

"...Okay?" I furrow my eyebrows in confusion, intrigued to know more.

"Okay so, basically I may have arranged a meeting with..." She paused and looked around in the room to make sure that we were alone, before leaning down and talking to me in a hushed whisper. "Moriarty."

"MORIARTY?!"

"Shush!" She promptly spoke after my sudden outburst. Amelia stirred in her sleep but didn't wake. I  paid my full attention to Mary and looked at her with wide eyes.

"How?!"

"Because I know people."

"What kind of people?" I kept questioning. Who the hell did she know?! I swear, sometimes I worry about her. She was full of pleasant and un-pleasant surprises. They were most likely best kept hidden to herself.

"Just people. Someone I haven't spoke to in a very long time owed me a favour." 

"And you just got a meeting with James frickin' Moriarty just like that?!"

"Well, yeah."

I blink at her a few times, staring at her with wide, shocked eyes before looking away and shaking my head. "Oh my God.."

"Listen, I heard this guy I knew was in London so I spoke to one of Sherlock's homeless network to help me get into contact with him. When I found him he was more than happy to help, he found someone who worked for Moriarty and then that someone came back and told him that Moriarty wants to talk with us at ten tonight."

"...Can you repeat what you just said?"

Mary exhaled deeply and rolled her eyes, "Holland!"

"I'm sorry, just what the hell were you thinking?!"

"That maybe we could speak to Moriarty and come to some arrangement with him?"

"Yeah, because he loves to book appointments with his enemies so he could make a couple of arrangements. I mean, I don't even know what I'd have to wear..."

"You're seriously worried about what you'd have to wear? Look, we can go and speak to him without John and Sherlock there speaking over us. Moriarty obviously doesn't want to give anything away to them, but what about us? We're just the girls, Holly. Maybe we can find out what he wants, and come to some arrangement."

"...What about if he wants my first born child?"

"Bloody hell Holly, he's not Rumpelstiltskin!"

"Okay, okay stop!" I hushed her as Amelia started to wiggle in my arms slightly. Once she stopped moving and continued to sleep I let out a sigh, bringing my hand up to rub my eyes for a short moment. "I don't know, Mary."

"This is a good opportunity. Come on, don't be such a killjoy. Go and get ready." Mary ordered, sitting up off the couch and gently taking Amelia from my arms. "Oh, and don't tell the boys." She finished, turning on her heels and walking into the kitchen. I sat still on the couch momentarily, my mouth slightly parted with shock.

Well, it look's like I'm going to a meeting with Jim Moriarty.