21: Slip Ups

*Just a bit of Zendaddy to brighten your day/night

———
Jesy

Perrie and I were just stepping into the house when my phone buzzed in my pocket. Perrie kicks her shoes off and lets her hair down, all ready to relax after our long day.

Our date didn't really go as planned.

Two guys were arguing for some reason and one pulled out a knife. We left before any blood could be shed.

"I need a hot shower and some hot sex," Perrie says casually while making it to my room. I chuckle at her since I know she's half serious.

I dig into my pocket and checked to see I had a text from someone I really didn't wanna talk to. Though, the message caught my attention.

Help. Jade's therapist is trying to send her back...

I unlock my phone to see the rest of the message.

... he's gonna call you in a second to prove her innocence

What are you talking about?

She may've killed another bully from her childhood Michael Clifford and her therapist is on her about it.

No doubt she did it, but she's trying to convince him that she's innocent

I remember him he was a real dick to her

Exactly... we both know how she is about revenge and avenging. Please say she was at home last week.

Ok

I stare down at my phone, waiting for it to ring as I make it to my room. Perrie was already nude, but wrapped in a towel. "You comin'?" She asks me. As I was about to answer, my phone rings.

Dr. Graham.

I lick my lips, heart beating hard as I press the green button. Perrie sits next to me and holds my hand in hers.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Jesy?"

"Hey, Dr. Graham. Is Jade okay?" I ask obliviously, glancing at my girlfriend.

"That's why I'm calling you. Has Jade been taking her medicine like she's supposed to?"

"Sometimes, she'd miss a dose, but she's getting better."

"Anything I need to worry about?"

"No, it's just her anger, but we're working on that," that's the truth. I had to unwillingly help Leigh-Anne calm Jade down because of something I couldn't remember.

I just know Jade was pissed.

"Has she been out on her own recently?" I pause to think up a quick lie. "The only instance was her going to Leigh-Anne's house, but that's it." Perrie's eyebrows furrow and I put my finger to my lips.

"She hasn't had any slip ups?" His tone sounded confused. "Closest thing to it was when I found her setting a fire in the backyard." That was also true, but happened last month. That's the last slip up I know of.

"Hmm," he goes quiet for a few moments. "Is there something wrong?"

"I'm sure you heard of the fire in an abandoned house that had an unidentifiable young man inside," he starts and my expression changes. "Uh-huh?"

"That young man turned out to be Michael Clifford," my heart stopped and turned my head to Perrie.

Her and I kept up with the story since it's pretty close to my house. We actually heard the explosion that night. Did Jade have something to do with it? My mouth suddenly felt dry.