37: Familiar Stranger

That same night, Jade came over and pleased me like she always does. From my basement to my bedroom.

But it felt different this time.

She wasn't as dominant and persistent like usual. Her movements were hesitant, albeit delicious feeling.

"Are you okay, babe?" I pant after coming down from my eighth, ninth, or tenth climax.

I lost count.

She wipes sweat from her brow. "I'm fine. Now let's see if we can set a record," she goes to kiss my neck, but I push her back. "Babe, we've had sex enough times for me to know something's up," I say and she sighs in defeat.

I take her face in my hands, making her look at me. "What's on your mind?" Both of her hands go to my waist, signaling me to climb off of her. I do so and let her sit up.

The sheets clung to her sweaty back for a second and she runs a hand through damp hair.

Even though it's a turn on, the summer heat is still brutal.

"Jesy told me about what went down between her and Aunt Helen," she says softly. "What happened?" She lays back down and puts a hand behind her head. I take the liberty to cuddle against her.

"She saw them burying Andre," my eyes widen. "What??" She nods, "Helen came in poin'in' fingers and tried to scrap with her. She told Helen to leave, but she didn't until Jesy confessed to killing him."

"But we killed him," I say in what she calls my baby girl voice. She turns to me then kisses my wet forehead. At this point, I'm tired of wiping my face.

"Yes, but Helen didn't know that. She blames my cousin. So, she slapped Jesy, but she didn't wanna fight back. Helen tackled her and tried to kill her with her pocket knife, so Jes defended herself," she says with no emotion.

Even though I'm a little twisted myself, the stoic way she spoke sounded more twisted to me.

"So... Jesy didn't mean to kill her?" She slowly shakes her head, "She couldn't sleep. Wouldn't eat. Hardly came out of her room. She's a fuckin' mess."

I made a realization; the remaining Nelson-Thirlwall children all have at least one body in their personal graveyard. From what Jade told me, she lost count. When I asked her what that meant, she just raised an eyebrow at me.

"I could imagine," I say and she looks at me with slightly furrowed brows. "Could you?" I ponder, then shake my head. She smiles then pecks my lips, "We're perfect for each other."

I giggle on her lips, "Yes, we are." I kiss her again and it gradually turned into a make out session.

Before it got too heated, I break away. "Is somethin' wrong, 'bibi?" I look into her eyes, feeling my heart pound with affection. "No. It's just... I can't stop thinking about—nevermind."

"About what?"

I sigh, putting a hand on the side of her neck. "You never told me about your dad," I say and her face goes back to into stoics. "He started me off," she begins.

"I was really little and he was apart of some cartel or mafia or some shit. I accidentally shot one of his mates in the throat while playing with a gun that I loaded meself. He trained me to be ruthless before me 5th birthday. I killed more men and women than I could count at that time," she pauses, looking right through me with her gorgeous eyes.

"There was this man named Mr. Marlon that fathered me more than me own. He fed me, drew with me, put a plaster on when I hurt meself," she smiles while speaking of the man, but then it fell.