32: Who Is It?

Leigh-Anne

Holy shit, that was quite an experience.

I've never had car sex before, but I hinted that I wanted it on numerous occasions. I know she picked up what I threw down and the fact the sun hadn't even set yet just made the ordeal hotter.

Top that off with making me squirt while I talked to my neighbor, who knew exactly what we were doing.

I go in and wipe myself down thoroughly before changing into black yoga pants. I know when we get back in my room, it's gonna be wet and wild.

When we got to their house and let ourselves in, the eight year old was already up and watching Gumball on the tele. She turns around to see us and smiles. "Miss Leigh-Anne!" She says excitedly before running towards me.

"Hey, Liyah!" She hugs my waist and I kiss her forehead. "What took you so long? I was by myself for a whole 7 minutes," she crosses her arms over her oversized shirt.

Her style is very similar to her mother's; paired with loose fitting trousers and her shoes untied in a fashionable sense.

I found out that Lani was born with a male part and Aaliyah had another mother that was killed by her crazy ex. She later told me, in confidence, that that's the reason they moved to the east coast.

Apparently, her ex didn't only kill her baby's mother, but her brother, Aaliyah's babysitter, and several others in her town.

Now, my initial thought was 'Could it have been the infamous Camila Cabello? Or a different crazy chick?'

She didn't tell me her name, but she did say she was pregnant with her son and had miscarried earlier that day. Aaliyah was only 4, so she didn't know, but she did remember a pretty girl that wore bows and she used to call her Mummy.

She knew she wasn't, but she felt like it.

"I remember you. You're really pretty," she smiles and Jade does as well, though looks pleasantly surprised. "Not prettier than you," she says and Liyah cheeks start to redden. "Thank you, Miss Jade."

She looks at me weirdly, "Her mums told her it's a form of respect to address your elders as mister or miss."

"Hm, I like it," she decides.

For the next thirty minutes, we all watched Luca on Disney+. I actually love this movie. I know Jade does too, because she wouldn't look away for a second.

It wasn't until someone knocks on the front door.

I get up to answer, taking the empty bowl of popcorn with me.

"Who is it?" I call out when I get close enough to the front door. "Uh, Kamoren," comes a soft, fragile and slightly accented voice. I unlock the door and open it to see a girl my height with shoulder-length dirty blonde hair, hazel eyes, and tan skin that complimented her hair.

She was dressed differently than I expected.

She wore ripped blue jeans and a red band tee that was cut up with a royal blue flannel tied around her waist.

Her style kinda reminded of Jesy.

"Hi," I greet cheerfully and she waves. "Uh, is Kehlani home?" I shake my head, "Not right now. Want to leave a message?" She chews on her lip nervously, looking around.

"Uh... I dunno how to... I don't," she twiddles her thumbs. I furrow my brows at the fidgety girl and join her outside. "Is everything okay? Should I call her?"

"I tried and it went straight to voicemail. I think it's dead," she says softly then looks back at the blue vehicle that must belong to her. "I can't think of any other way to say it," she starts then takes a deep breath.

"Me and Lani dated before that psycho came into her life. We were in love, but I had to move because the area was already too dangerous," she pauses, getting a distressed look on her face. "I got... I, uh... ," she sighs.

"I can't explain it because I doubt you know."

"Know what?" I ask, getting increasingly curious. "About Lani," she whispers.

"About her friend downstairs? She told me maybe a week ago. Is everything okay?" She looks back at her car and when I look, I see a little kid looking out and seemingly calling for her.

I caught on instantly.

"I can't take care of him alone anymore," she starts to cry. "I don't care what happens to me, I just want him safe."

I frown, feeling tears of my own. "I know this is a lot to ask, but can I leave him here with you and you call me when Kehlani gets home?" She sniffles and I do too, wiping the tears that nearly fell.

"Yeah. Has he eaten?" She shakes her head, wiping her face with her shirt. "Okay. Go get him and c'min. I'll fix something for you."

She smiles and wraps me in a tight hug, "Thank you. You're too kind." We break apart so she could go get the small boy.

She takes him out of the car carefully; he looked pretty malnourished and tired. Poor baby.

I usher them in and she thanks me again.

"Babe, who was that?" I hear Jade's voice coming from the living room. When I come in with the guests, her eyebrows bunch in the middle. "This is Kamoren and, what's the boy's name?"

"Kehlon," she responds and Jade's expression changes from curiosity to confusion. "Are you her sister or what?" The woman shakes her head, "No, far from it."

Jade glances my way, then their way. "Are you her baby mama?" Kamoren chuckles awkwardly, "Uh, yeah. I don't think I got your names."

"Oh, I'm Leigh-Anne, that's my girlfriend, Jade and that is Miss Aaliyah." The woman's eyes widen when she sees the puzzled child. "Oh my god. You grew up so much," her eyes start welling up again.

"Uh, hi? Do I know you?" Kamoren lets out laugh while wiping her eyes. "Probably not. You were so little when I saw you last." The girl tilts her head to the side a bit, looking at her then the exhausted toddler.

"Kehlon is your little brother, Liyah." The eight year old shakes her head, "Nuh-uh. I just have a baby sister." Kamoren sighs sadly, "I was pregnant with him when your mommy and I broke up. We moved here, then my parents found out I was pregnant and kicked me out."

Aaliyah's facial expression falters, "Oh. Is he really my brother?" The woman nods, then the next I hear is someone's stomach growling.

"Mommy, I'm hungry," the boy says tiredly in Spanish. "Okay, baby, we're gonna eat soon."

"Follow me."

———