11: New Neighbors

After Jesy had gotten 'P. L. E.' "tattooed" on her arm and Perrie had gotten 'Jessica' on her lower back, Jade had a sleepover. Being the ultimate clever genius, she somehow convinced both girls that they'll only kill "bad people"; labeling them as anti-heroines.

Perrie was easier to influence, especially after she told the girl that she doesn't have to kill or torture anybody. Normally being left out of things, the youngest of the group kinda liked the idea of being a team.

Jesy, however, was a bit harder, but Jade eventually got through to her. Jade told her that being together is also for protection. She promised to look after Perrie when Jesy couldn't. At first, the Egyptian girl protested, saying she wasn't a babysitter.

Jesy tells her that she'd look after Leigh the same way if needed. So, after a night of negotiations, the hesitant pair tried to make this seem like something normal, despite it being far from it.

They've recently finished exams, now awaiting results. Jade had helped them all study, so everyone was pretty confident they passed.

A week goes by and the four are considered inseparable. Claud started to get used to the cousins joining them during lunch and took quite a liking to them.

They're kinda yin and yang, but so similar at the same time. It's weird.

Jade told the girls that Claud cannot know about their pact. She looked mainly at Perrie when she said that.

It caused an eye roll from the teen.

When the school day was done, they all decided to walk back to Leigh's from school, being that Leigh and Jesy didn't want to drive. Before they could reach the front lawn, they all noticed a big moving truck across the street.

"New neighbors?" Leigh asks out loud with a tilt of the head. Jade adjusts her glasses on her face just as two women emerged from the house.

One had a very light complexion while the other was much darker. The first woman was covered in tattoos and wore baggy pants with a tight fitting t-shirt that was soaked in sweat. Her dark hair hung past her shoulders and momentarily covered her face when she bent down to pick up a cardboard box.

The other had hair a shade or two darker than her skin tone. It flows down her back in a high ponytail. She was carrying a baby, no older than 9 months old.

Both women seemed rather young.

Soon, a little girl that was about Leigh's complexion, comes out to help with the boxes before returning back inside.

"Should we greet them?" Jesy asks, mindlessly glancing at her girlfriend. "I would," she replies with a shrug, still looking at the family.

Suddenly, Jade starts walking across the street, the others fall behind hesitantly.

The woman holding the baby sees these four teenage girls approaching her and gives them a friendly smile, earning some back.

"Good afternoon, ma'am," Leigh says politely. "I'm Leigh-Anne. I live across the street," she points in the direction of her house. The woman shifted the baby in one arm and held out her free hand.

"Hi, I'm Victoria," she shakes each of the other girls' hands, learning their names as well.

They're all so different, she noticed, eyes going from one girl to the other.

The one called Jesy had a bad girl energy with dark shades covering her eyes and spoke confidently, but she seemed really nice. The blonde, Perrie, gave off hippie vibes with a hint of 'popular girl' and had big, pretty, blue eyes.