8: No Room For Errors

Omnipresent

9:45am

"Shortly after being released from police custody after no evidence was found against him in the brutal killing of Jed Elliot, Andre Gray has been reported missing. A close friend of his told police that before he turned himself in, Gray told him what he had done in hysterics. The same friend went to his apartment last night and noticed that Gray's vehicle was still in the parking spot of his apartment building. Here, we have his sponsor, that aided him in the Queen's Program, Damien Rashaad."

The camera shows an older, tan skinned gentleman with curly black hair wearing a grey suit with a light blue button up shirt and sunglasses on his face. He looked to have been in his mid-40s or early-50s.

"Mr. Rashaad, when was the last time you've spoken to Gray?" The female reporter holds the microphone up to the man's mouth.

"It's been about, uh, about a month or two," he answers in a thick middle-eastern accent. "Were you aware of his possible involvement of The Boy Dahlia murder?" Damien scoffs, "I heard. I know Andre. He wouldn't just up and kill his best friend. That kid used to stay over all the time before Dre moved out last year. Someone threatened him and now that Jed is dead, they decided to take my boy."

"Who's 'they'?"

"Whoever forced him to kill Jed! It makes sense: Andre confessed to the murder, two days later, boom, he's missing. Anyone who's paying attention could see that connection," he throws an arm up in irritation. He then looks directly into the camera with a serious mixed angry look.

"When I get my hands on the punks that got my boy... they're gonna wish they were dead," Damien then walks away. The reporter looks into the camera, not saying a word as the nation hears the man's threats.

The T.V. shuts off.

Jade, who was standing in front of the screen while her girlfriend and their still shaken friends sat silently on the sofa, turned to them slowly with a blank expression.

Her dead, brown eyes scan over the girls before settling on Leigh-Anne.

"Where'd you put him?" The older girl asks.

"There's a construction site a few kilome'ers from here. The lad's under fresh cement," Jade answers, pointing in a general direction.

"Good. Also, you need to be on your medication again. Don't want any slip ups," Leigh gives her a soft smile.

Jade rolls her eyes and let out an exasperated sigh before taking a seat on her lap.

"Fine."

"I'm actually surprised you aren't as... off as you were back at Porter's," Jesy comments, squinting slightly at the younger girl.

Jade hums, making eye contact with Leigh, "The stress of wan'in' to find and kill Jed's killer did that to me. But since I know now," she ends with a small shrug, speaking in monotone, and not blinking once at the girl responsible.

Leigh shifts under her gaze. She admits, she's a little intimidated if not a bit turned on by the stare.

Jade's left eyebrow twitches up before she turns her attention back to Jesy. The attention was brief when she noticed how quiet the usually talkative blonde was.

"Y'okay there, Pez?" She asked in a concerned tone.

The youngest of the four slowly lifts her head from gazing at the wood floor. Her normally sky blue eyes now stormy grey and brimmed with red.