23: Thank You?!

Leigh-Anne

Jade's never spoken about her father. And I mean never. The only thing I know is he's no longer living; and she's the reason.

Even though Jesy requested our presence, I decided to take a detour to my house instead.

I'm fully aware of Jesy's hatred for me; the current tension would just grow if I step into the lioness's den.

Jade doesn't speak the whole car ride, not even to ask where were we going. It's not until we get to my bedroom that she says something.

"I'ma take a shower," her voice came out soft and tired.

"Oh, now you speak," I hadn't intended it to sound as harsh, but her cold shoulder is bugging me.

"Well, when your therapist you've known most of your life threatens to damn you to hell, then you can come to me with attitude," she states blandly while collecting stuff for a shower.

"I killed two guys for you and I didn't get a fucking thank you," I mumble and then it goes deadly quiet.

She suddenly drops her clothes and smacks my lamp from my nightstand, sending it to the floor in a thousand pieces. I jump at the noise then take a look at her reddened face.

"I didn't ask you to! I didn't want you to! I wanted to kill you, 'member that?!" She yells.

The vein in her forehead was bulging and her eyes got dark. I'm not sure if I'm scared or more attracted to her.

What? I like crazy.

"Oh, you didn't want me to? You weren't saying that while you were fucking me from behind in front of Andre's corpse with his guts around my neck."

"Shut up," she says lowly, but I continue. "In fact, you were telling me how sexy I looked-,"

"Shut the fuck up, Leigh."

"I killed Jed for you! I didn't have to, but what he did to you was horrid! The least you could do is thank me," I cross my arms over my chest and she laughs like a maniac.

"Thank you?!"

"You're welcome," I beam, but that just made her angrier. She takes a deep, soundly breath and closes her eyes. Her fist stayed clenched at her sides and I slowly back away out of her reach.

She takes a few moments to relax herself before her eyes open. She flares her nostrils at me, and even though it's not the time, she looks so adorable.

She approaches me until there was a tense breath between us. I could hear my heart thumping in my ears; both from nerves and anticipation. She looks me dead in the eyes.

Just then, her phone goes off and she squints at me wordlessly before digging in her pocket for it.

Jesy was trying to FaceTime her. She answers and we're met with the older girl's face folded in frustration.

"Where are you two?" Jade glances at me then her phone. "At Leigh's."

"I told you that Pez and I need to talk to you," she says sternly. "You know how I get after sessions. I dunno why you sent that text in the first place," she shrugs.