14: Snapped

Jade

When we pulled up to Perrie's seemingly desolate home, Leigh parked the car before cutting the engine. She turns to me, "Now, can you tell me what's going on?" She didn't sound impatient, just worried.

I lick my lips before speaking, "Jesy has a li'le brother, not that much younger than me. He's a lot like Perrie; sensi'ive, smiley, anxious at times, bubbly. Y'know, a very happy lad. Well, last year, he suddenly snapped and killed his parents."

She gasps, "Really?" I nod, "Aye. He left them in the basement then proceeded to burn fings that he owned and loved. When he was asked about that, he said that he knew he'd be away for a very long time. He didn't wanna have anyfin' to miss."

She covers her mouth, eyebrows furrowed in sadness. "How long did they give him?"

"Fifty. He asked for more time at his court case. He really sat in the stand and begged to be locked up all his life."

She brings her hands down then, "You can tell he was destroyed. Did he ever say why he snapped?" I shake my head, "He said he didn't know. It was like a 'switch' turned on and made him see red."

She falls quiet, a million questions in her eyes.

"Did he have any illnesses like you do?" I shake my head again. "No, he was propa well-rounded," I say.

"Can I ask one more question? I'm sorry," she cringes cutely. I chuckle a bit, "Sure, habibi."

I see the light pink start to spread on her cheeks, making her even more adorable. "Do you ever wanna go see him?" I sigh, shrugging after a while. "Honestly, I don't wanna see him like that."

"That's understandable," she hums then unbuckles her seatbelt. I follow suit, opening my door around the same time she does. Once we were both out, she locked the doors and we linked arms.

"Does this also have something to do with what you said?" She asks and I turn to her, "What did I say?"

"You told her that 'it ran in the family' when it came to killing," she answers, knocking on the front door when we got to it.

"It's true. The children in our family are susceptible to snappin'. Jesy has some issues, so I know why she's possibly afraid if she's distraught about that."

She looks my way with a puzzled expression, "She does?" I nod, stuffing my hands in my hoodie's pocket with our arms still linked.

"Aye. She has depression and a bit of an anger problem."

"Wait, really??" I nod, "But she doesn't like talkin' about it." My blood then begins to boil. "That vile piece of fuck did that to her. Jesy wasn't depressed at first. Jesy was goofy and all around happy," I huff out of my nose before my lips form a devious smile.

"She is no longer with us," I say. She giggles, "Oh, yeah. You did say you cut her brakes." I chuckle a little, "Yeah, well, if you fuck with my family, I'll kill you. You and Perrie are included."

She leans in and pecks my lips, "That's the sweetest thing you've ever said about Perrie." I roll my eyes, "She still needs work, but she isn't half bad."

"You can mentor her. So far, she just cleans up our aftermath," I make a small noise.

She knocks again, but harder. "Pez! Get off of Jesy's face and open the door!" I start laughing at that, "Habibi, don't interrupt them. If they're busy, we can just wait until they're done."

She raises a sassy brow at me, "She interrupted us." I lick my lips at the little stance she's doing. "And we recruited her, so we're even." She scoffs, "You don't understand how we work. It's constant back and forth. Payback is what we live by."