Chapter Twenty-Two: Be Honest

it's September 19 today and it's been a few days since school started, and Elaine honestly hadn't really thought a lot. She hasn't really talked with Draco besides Prefect duties and such. She wasn't really pushing her friendship with Draco if you could even call it that. She was just keeping it on the low.

She got up with the sun shining through her window and readjusted herself before standing up and letting her feet touch the cold floor. She was 15 now, and had to be more mature, along with manage time more carefully now. She was taking her OWLS this year and it was no joke.

She also hadn't really talked with Ron since the incident. She particularly stayed away from him, and it sucked because that meant she also had to stay away from the trio. But today she couldn't stay away. It was Hermiones birthday today and it would be wrong of her to not hug her or anything because of her petty argument with Ron.

She took a shower then let her hair air dry for the day. Her hair soaking though her clothes and leaving wet damp stains. She wasn't really happy because she'll get cold later but she ignored it.

She put on light makeup and bolted through the door. She walked through the green common room, not even sparing a glance at it except for the cloak that read the time. 7:34 am

She eventually made her way to the Great Hall through the busy corridors and was surprise to see Draco sitting with Blaise signaling for her to sit with them. She was going to sit with the trio today, but seeing as they weren't their yet, she decided it wouldn't hurt to spend some time with Draco and Blaise.

She sat across from Blaise and Draco and said "Morning" while grabbing a piece of toast. They both nodded in response and ate with her while continuing to make conversation.

In the middle of Blaise talking, Elaine said "Bloody hell why is the air conditioning so high it's fucking September for christ sakes" while trying to warm herself up.

She didn't know if it was the her damp clothes due to her shower, or if it was just that cold in her. "Do you want my jumper?" Draco said hesitantly. At that point, Elaine had her doubts but decided to accept his offer and put it on due to how cold it was. It was a tad big on her due to height difference, but she adjusted herself on it.

Through the corner of her eye, she could see the trio already sitting down. Oh shit how long had they been here for? she thought. "Well it was nice talking but i've gotta talk with the trio" Elaine said standing up.

"What why? you usually don't eat with them anymore?" Blaise asked in curiosity. "It's Mionie's birthday" Elaine said back. "Your leaving us for the Mud-blood?" Draco asked with a confused face.

"Draco" Elaine said with a raised eyebrow. "Fine then, your leaving us for them?" he said. "That's better" Elaine said with a smirk."I'll see you guys later" she said walking away.

She hesitantly made her way to the Gryffindor table, where she didn't really earn stares due to the fact they were used to her sitting down with them at times.

She came behind Hermione and hugged her. "Happy Birthday Mionie!" she said while Hermione looked at her and smiled. Everyone sorta stayed silent due to her not talking to them in a while. "Thank you" Hermione said with a bright smile.

She was going to sit next to Hermione, But Ron was at the other side of her so instead she sat across from her next to Harry. "Morning Harry" she said to him completely ignoring the fact that Ron was there.

"Morning we missed you" Harry said indulging her into a friendly hug. "I missed you as well" she said with a bright smile. "Oh by that way, we're having a small party for Hermione in the Gryffindor common room, it's only going to be Gryffindors, but your welcome to sneak in and join us" Harry said. Elaines face brighten up and she said "Ill make sure to stop by".

Anyways how's your day going so far Mionie?" Elaine asked her.

"Well my birthday just started, but i got a few presents already" Hermione said with amusement. "Really? From who and what?" Elaine asked.

"Well, first i got a couple prank gadgets from Fred and George" Hermione said, but before she could continue, Elaine interrupted her with "I also got some from the twins!".

"Then, Harry gave me a book it looks pretty fantastic" Hermione said. Elaine silently listen to why she had to say. "Then.. i got this from Ron!" Hermione said pointing to her wrist.

There was sitting a silver bracelet with a couple charms. "Y-You got something from Ron?" Elaine asked in confusion. "Yeah why wouldn't i?" Hermione said. in that moment. Elaine couldn't take it anymore.

Her heart was going crazy. He has the audacity to give Hermione a present? but gave her nothing but a kiss. At the time, she didn't mind. She could care less if he got her something. Him was enough. It was the fact that he got Hermione something but nothing for her that pissed her off.

The air was becoming intoxicated and the tension in the table started filling up. Ron could see in Elaines eyes that he screwed up. He could see how tired she was. "Oh it's nothing.. i'm glad he got you something. Atleast he didn't just kiss you and give you nothing" Elaine said making the petty comment.

With that, she had enough. She wasn't deal with this anymore. She needed to talk to someone. Everyone in the table was silent and were aware of what was going on. Ron was about to speak up, but Elaine said, "Anyways, i'll leave you guys. i'll sit with Fred and George. Goodbye" she stood up and made her way towards the red-headed twins.

She sat next to Fred while George raised an eyebrow quickly realizing the tension and the fact she was upset. "Elaine are you ok?" Fred asked.

Elaine didn't even bother to answer. "Can i talk to you guys about something and give me your honest opinions?" She asked with trying to hold her tears back. They both slightly nodded, and Elaine took a hold of both of their wrist and dragged them out the Great Hall leaving everyone behind.