Chapter Ten: Friends

Elaine woked up to with warmth embracing all over her body and a pair of arms tangled around her. Draco was laying down on his bed, while Elaine cuddled around him by putting her leg up to his torso while his arm wrapped around her.

She took in the smell around her, Mint before realizing what happened. She decided it would be best if she avoided this akward situation and left early. She gently placed Draco's arm back to him and lifted herself off the bed.

She grabbed her clothes from last night and headed out of the room without waking Draco up. She still had Draco's clothes around her which gave her a fuzzy feeling.

She went into her dormitory and saw that the time was 7:00 am. She decided to quickly get ready without waking her roommates up. She took a look in the mirror.

Her eye had a big purple bruise. It was a purple eye. she decided to try to cover it with makeup. She only ever had light cover concealer, so it did barely any help. It only helped lighten the area.

She wasn't mad at Robin. Or Draco. She knew Robin didn't mean too. But he would still beat himself up about it. She decided to let it be and change into her uniform and robes.

She quickly brushed through her hair down, hoping people will take a look at her hair not her face, she curled it. It was soft simple curls.

She put on her shoes, and by this time her roommates were awake and getting almost ready. Elaine decided to skip breakfast and get some studying in at the Library before Herbology.

She grabbed her bag and headed out the door to the Library hoping no one noticed her eye, she walked looking down. She made it to the Library and started working.

After a while, She headed to Herbology the same way, looking down. A few people noticed but didn't say anything about it. She had Herbology with Robin in this class.

She made herself over to a plant and started working on what the teacher had instructed. When she finished, She walked over to Robin. He seemed tense by her presence and made himself a little farther.

"It's not your fault. You don't have to apologize Robin." Elaine said touching his shoulder. He carefully looked up at her and he noticed her eye.

He traced his finger along the bruise carefully. "I did this. It was wrong. I'm sorry Elaine, but i can't forgive myself. And until i can, we can't hang out. I need some time" Robin said.

Elaine responded with "Anything you need Robin" She said finally walking away from him. Next, was Potions. She was dreading it. For two reasons especially. First, she would had to deal of the akwardness with Draco, and Second, Severus would ask what happened to her eye.

She would obviously lie, she would never put Robin like that. He'll be dead. She made herself unknown on her way to Potions, successfully placing herself next to Draco.

She looked down. She scooted a bit away from him while waiting for Severus. "You know i don't bite" Draco said smirking. She didn't say anything. She just looked down.

"Would you bloody look up? it's bothering me" Draco said while Severus made himself known through the door. He gave his usual intimidating speeches and continued to ask questions to the class.

He noticed how his regular student who answered them, stood in the shadows today. Looking down. She didn't dare to look up one time or answer one of his questions. He realized it was something suspicious.

"What would you get if you added powdered root of asphodel to an infusion of wormwood?" Snape asked the class. "Perhaps Elaine would like to answer this?" He added.

Elaine started sweating. She didn't know what to do. She quietly whispered "Draught of Living Death" still looking down. "Im sorry, i didn't quiet hear that" Snape said. "Draught of Living Death!" Elaine said shooting her head up seeing the whole class, including Draco and Snape in shock as her bruise.

Draco looked "apologetic?" while Snape was confused. "Very well" he said continuing his lesson. After class, Elaine hurried to gather her stuff before she was called, but it was too late when she heard "Elaine and Malfoy stay".

Draco turned to her and walked towards Snape next to her. "You needed us proffesor?" Elaine said. "Perhaps. You two are...dating.. right?" He said with a raised eyebrow. "Not anymore" Elaine said gulping.

"Malfoy" Snape said getting closer to him. "Did you do this to her?". Malfoy looked scared. "No Sir" Draco said in fear. "Do you know who did it?" Snape asked.

Draco looked at Elaine, but when she gave no emotions, he said the truth. "Yes Sir". Snape looked towards him. "Who" Snape said

"Draco no!" Elaine said stepping in. "Tell me" Snape demanded. "Robin Eloid!" Draco screamed in fear. Snape looked concerned? "It was an accident! It didn't mean to happen!" Elaine blurted out.

"I demand you tell me what happened" Snape said. "We were playing Quidditch and he accidentally hit me with a bludger! That's it! It was an accident!" Elaine said which made Draco and Snape have a raised eyebrow.

"Please don't do anything to him" Elaine pleaded. "Very well.. but if it happens again.. he will hear from me" Snape said. Elaine and Draco looked at each other and gulped.

"You two may leave" Snape said turning away. Elaine quickly headed out the door, with Draco close to her. As soon as she stepped out, she let out a breath she was holding.

Before Draco could speak to her, she ran off. Leaving Draco alone, She could feel warm tears falling out of her face. She ran to the Astronomy Tower. She'll surely be Alone there.

She let herself cry over everything in her life. Her life had become so much harder. She wanted desperately to be happy. She was confused about her feelings towards Draco and Robin. She also had to keep up her perfect grades and her dark secret along the process.

She cried looking into the day. When she was finally done, she wiped her tears and headed to the dungeons. She entered the Common room and sat on the couch to be met with Draco.

She sat in silence next to him. Taking in the warmth of the fire the cold season had brought. Christmas break was soon to come and she wasn't excited a bit. Not like any other year.

She looked at Draco, admiring his features. Everything about him. He was a complicated boy with a complicated past. She wanted nothing than to be there for him. She just couldn't. She couldn't get with Draco as much as she wanted. They weren't just meant to be.

In that moment, she spoke up. "Draco.." She said making him look up at her with a raised eyebrow. "We both have lots of..tension.. it's something we can't argue about it" She said making Draco agree in a nod.

"And there's been lots of times when.. we've been close to.. kissing.." Elaine continued. Draco tensed a bit. "We've both know where that's led us. And it's clearly not a good place. We both have a certain liking to each other" Elaine said. Draco stayed silent.

"But, I believe if we stayed friends. We would still hang out and stuff. Maybe you'll even be nice to me.. but perhaps it's the best option" Elaine said. Draco chuckled a bit.

"I cant help but agree. Things between us never seem to work out. After today, well forgot any chemistry happened between us. Well just be friends" Draco said.

Elaine nodded. "So friends?" She said. "Friends" Draco said leaning closer to her. "There just one thing i want to do first.. stay still" He said leaning closer to Elaine.

She took in the Minty smell. He was leaning in, as was she. Their lips connected in a hurdle like they i been craving for each other. It was a soft passionate kiss with lots of emotions. They both wanted it to never end. Their lips moved in the same rhythm the warmth between them rising. When they had to breath, they both pulled away flustered.

They looked at each other with tinted red cheeks. "I've been waiting to do that. But now, Friends" He said with a smile. Elaine curled her lips into a small smile and stod up and walked away leaving the broken boy alone.