Chapter Forty-Six: Love

Throughout her whole life, there wasn't a word or thing Elaine didn't understand. She understood almost everything, she was a smart girl.

That is, almost every word. There was a word she could never seem to figure out. She heard it all around, not directly at her, or around her life, but she heard it among others.

Any simple being would understand this word. It was a simple four letter word, that could affect so many people in different ways. For some, it might be joy, others envy, and for Elaines case, sorrow.

This stupid foolish four letter word was supposed to mean a lot. Yet, how come it didn't mean anything to Elaine? It was just letters. She thought it was pathetic.

Words are meant to be studied and to learn from them. They're not supposed to make you feel things or feel emotional. It was simply just not supposed to be like that.

It wasn't until recently that Elaine finally understood, love. The word she couldn't make out to decipher her whole life. It suddenly all made sense and why it was important.

Elaine understood why people cried, begged, and laughed for this word. She used to dream that when she finally understood it, it would all be magical. Yet, it wasn't.

The word Elaine thought would make her feel things, and finally understand, unexpected came rather quickly. Suddenly, a stupid four letter word wasn't enough. It wasn't powerful enough.

How could she even begin to describe what she feels for one person in four letters? it makes no sense. The word love, wasn't enough for her.

She can never describe what she feels for Draco with four letters. What she feels for her friends, or how she feels about life.

That's when Elaines heart started pounding rapidly, and she could feel her body start to move. She opened her eyes to the beautiful sight of Draco besides her.

When Elaine moved her hand, Draco stood up quickly. He couldn't believe it. She was awake.

During the past three days that Elaine was asleep, the healer wasn't sure she'll make it. Her wounds were deeper than expected and it took approximately about 3 healers to cure Elaines wounds.

Elaines damage was so serious, she had to be transferred to St Mungo's Hospital. All of Elaines friend were with her along the way, no matter how damaged they were also.

All of Elaines friends also had scars, but minor. While Elaine was dying. Her body was giving out with how much blood she had lost. Everyone was scared she wouldn't make it.

The Healers gave them an estimate of a week, if Elaine didn't wake up, she would die. Everyone was cleaned up as well in St. Mungo's, but the focuse was Elaine.

The death eaters, along with Lucius had been sent to Azkaban. Dracos father was in prison, yet he was here next to Elaine. Holding her hand tightly while he sobbed onto his shirt.

As soon as he heard of the incident, he begged Snape to let him go with him in a hurry. Snape eventually gave in, and when Draco saw Elaines dying body, he felt so alone. He felt like dying.

Draco has been right next to Elaine, taking care of her and holding her hand for the past three days. He looked terrible, but he couldn't leave her, not now, not ever.

He couldn't leave without her knowing how much he loved her. He couldn't. Draco could care less about Lucius, all that matter was her.

As Elaine fluttered her eyes open, and Draco spun his head up to face her, He immediately hugged her and started crying even more. She was alive, he breathed, almost like it was the first time he did since he heard about her condition.