Chapter Forty-One: Betreyal

FEBRUARY 25th, 1996

A few days had passed since Elaine came back to Hogwarts, and it was practically Hell. Everything was being so controlled, and Elaine felt she couldn't do anything outside her dorm after classes. Just eat and study. Her life never felt more boring.

With second semester starting, Elaines schedule was altered and she was moved to advanced classes. She was beyond stressed. She also still had to talk to her professors about her career path.

SCHEDULE

(REQUIRED CLASSES)

ASTRONOMY

DEFENSE AGAINST THE DARK ARTS

HERBOLOGY

CHARMS

POTIONS

TRANSFIGURATION

HISTORY OF MAGIC

(ELECTIVES)

DIVINATION

ARITHMANCY

She also started to feel alone again. With the whole secret organization thing, she couldn't do anything. She also felt very stranded. She studied everyday, yet she's never felt dumber.

She also felt worse. Her nightmares were getting out of hand with her stress, and not even the book could help her, and apparently neither her friends. She tried reaching out, but her friends were simply out of reach.

She felt so confused around almost everyone. Everyone started being so secretive. They didn't tell her anything, and would randomly disappear at times. Ron, Hermionie, and Harry would hardly spend time with her anymore.

Even the twins and Luna and Neville were gone. She felt really left out, and she hated it. She hated being left in the dark, she hated everything.

She couldn't even hang with her Slytherin friends, since they were all trying to catch that secret organization. All her friends were apart of the Inquisitorial squad. They were out every night trying to catch them.

Elaine cried almost every night  because of her nightmares, and no one was there for her. She felt stranded, betrayed. Alone.

One afternoon, she was as usual studying. She had her uniform on, with her tied looking crooked, and her uniform messy. Her hair was tied in a ponytail, which was now very messy and down, and she had a bit of mascara under her eyes.

Despise her makeup, her eye bags of restless nights were prominent. Nobody noticed. Nobody cares. They were all so indulged in they're activities. She even felt Draco didn't care.

She was reading over her textbook, when her dorm door crashed open. She was alone as the Inquistorial squad was out. Draco walked in the room with a huge smile. Draco didn't seem to have in interest in Elaine lately.

He used to compliment her all the time, talk about how beautiful she was, and be around her. He used to notice the smallest detail when she was sad. Now, on one of her darkness time, he didn't care or noticed.

He was to indulged. Whenever he did talk to Elaine, it was about the organization. Elaine was sick and tired of it. She hated it.

"We caught them! I think we finally do! Come with me! I want you to see the look in they're faces" Draco said to her.

Clearly irritated, Elaine responded with "What are you talking about?" With a distressed face.

"About the organization! Come on hurry!" Draco said. "Draco I don't want any part of this" "Please, I want you to see this." He asked.

Elaine sighed, and agreed. Draco dragged her into the hallway, until they were met with Umbridge and the rest of the squad trying to destroy a wall. Elaine stood from the back, trying to see and not get attention.

When Umbridge destroyed the wall, she couldn't believe what she was seeing. Her whole friends were standing there. Every single one of them. Elaine felt betrayed. Hurt. Now she knew what they were hiding.

She could see the look of worry on their faces since they were caught. However, their faces changed to sorrow when they spotted Elaine. Harry.Hermionie . Ron. Fred. George. Luna. Neville. Practically her whole friend group.

She felt like an idiot for not knowing. For thinking they could trust her. They didn't tell her. Harry didn't tell her. They all knew and let Elaine look like an idiot, they knew it would break her.

Did they not trust her? She could have helped. She couldn't believe they did that to her. After every thing. Tears streamed down Elaines face, and Draco and the rest of her friend could see the hurt in her eyes.

What hurt the most was Fred and George. After every thing, they didn't trust her. When she looked into they're eyes, she could see the regret. There was nothing they could say to save themselves.

This hurt Elaine so much. They were never true friends to her or never trusted her. If they did, they would have told her, but instead they decided to not take a chance with her and leave her out.

Elaine ran and ran in a hurry. She ran with tears down her eyes, she could feel footsteps behind her, and she knew it was them. She ignored their desperate calls and kept running. She ran to the closest possible place. The Astronomy tower.

She knew they saw her come in there, but she didn't care. She let herself fall to the ground and tears rolled down her face. She curled into a ball and cried. She heard footsteps come in, and when she looked up she saw them all. And their sorry faces.

Ron, Fred, Harry, George, and Hermionie were all there. They all were seeing her cry. "Elaine.."
"Please.." George said. The five of them got closer to her. Harry started talking. He put a hand on her shoulder and said "we can explain.."

Elaine reacted quickly and shoved his hand off. "Save it. I don't need your apology. You can't take back how much it hurts" Elaine said.

"We understand you're upset, but-" Hermionie started but was cut off. "Oh really now? You understand how I feel? Bull shit. So you understand how it feels thinking you're friends love and trust you, but to find out they don't? They actually don't trust you at all. You guys took advantage of my love. You don't even care. You guys will never understand how it feels to be judged. Let me guess, is it because I'm a Slytherin? Or because I'm a Riddle? Oh here's a good one! Is it because I'm friends with Draco? You guys are supposed to be my friends. And friends don't hurt each other." Elaine said with rage and hurt inside her.

"We love you Elaine. We're here for you" George said. Elaine laughed. She actually laughed with tears in her eyes. "Don't get me started on you and Fred. Really? After every thing. Is everything you told me a lie? Am I just a tool? A funny prank? Because it's not funny. You weren't there for me. It happened every night. And you guys weren't there like you promised. You promised. You never mentioned to ask why am different, or if am okey. You all simply ignored me. I could have helped you. If you guys actually took interest in me, you would know I'm advanced in magic. But of course, you don't. I hate you for treating me this way. I hate you for hurting me, yet, I can't seem to make out why you would make an unfulfilled promise" Elaine said.

She took her bracelet off with a "G" and threw it At them. "When you're ready to be honest with me, let me know" Elaine said. That's when Draco walked in.

He looked mad at everyone and he immediately went to comfort Elaine, but was surprised when she pushed him off. "You too. Don't act all like a hero. You're different. I thought we're close. You became so obsessed and indulged in this stupid squad you actually forgot about me. Every one in this room has betrayed me. Everyone. Draco... you weren't here. You said you would protect me. But when I needed you the most, you didn't care. You never took the time to ask me how I was, or noticed the bags under my eyes. You are all full of fake promises. Nobody in here cares for me. Because if you did, you would have been there for me. And let you know what? Nobody was. Fuck all of you. I don't need you're fake apologies or promises. When I needed you all, nobody was there for me. Nobody." Elaine said full of emotion.

After that, she stormed out of the room, this time with nobody following her. She couldn't go to her dorm, she had no idea where she was going. All she knew, it had to be away.