Chapter Thirty-Five: Detention

First to start off, i'm sorry lol. i haven't updated in so long, and i sincerely apologize. i've been feeling really depressed lately, and i relapsed from my ed. it's been really hard. i honestly didn't have any ideas. but i promise im trying my best, and i'll try to get chapters out as soon as possible! happy reading! >;D

***

Harry, Ron, Elaine and Hermione were sitting in the Gryffindor common room. They were laughing so hard their lungs could barely function, and their stomach were twirling. They haven't been able to relax, so they thought the'll do it for a while.

"Come on! it isn't that bad!" Hermione said in between laughs, she surprisingly wasn't buried in a book and instead joining the group. "Please! she looks like a huge pink cupcake!" Elaine said trying to breath.

The group erupted into laugher, and they continued to enjoy their time. "Even I despise her class!" Hermione said wiping her tears of laughter. "That's a new one" Ron said once again also laughing.

"How do you expect her to like Umbridges class? She's horrid" Elaine said holding onto her lower stomach, trying to calm herself down. The group continued filling the room with laugher until it eventually died down.

Elaine recollected herself and adjusted herself before breathing normally again. They were originally studying, but they seemed to get off track. Everything was due tomorrow, including the assignment from Severus class so everyone was rushing to finish it in time.

Elaine had worked with Draco and Adrien for the past week, and they were almost finished. However, it hasn't been easy. Elaine had constant anxiety and sweaty palms while near Adrien, while Draco on the other hand, wanted to murder him.

They managed to get it almost done, and so far, today was their last day together. "Mionie' what time is it?" Elaine asked with ease, last time she checked, it was 2 a clock.

"4:50, why?" Hermione answered calm. Elaine hurried into panick and started shoving her books into her backpack frantically while she moved around the room trying to gather herself.

"I'm late for studying with Adrien and Draco" she said while walking out the door and saying goodbye while she practically sprinted to the library.

She was met with an annoyed Draco, and a smirking Adrien sitting next to him with two open books.

Elaine carefully went up to them, set her books down in the wooden table. Tied her silky brown hair into a low pony tail, and said "Let's get to work".

                                         ***

By the time they finally finished their essay, Elaine was frustrated, Adrien was amused, and Draco was angry. They spent the whole time arguing, while Elaine did most of the work. She backed irritated by their obnoxious behavior, and she ended up finishing it herself.

She just wrote the last word, when Adrien and Draco kept arguing, so she slammed the book which caused them both to frantically stop talking. They both looked extremely confused until, the library lady came up to them.

"Dears, im going to have to ask you to leave. You've been disrupting the whole library. You aren't allowed here until tomorrow" said a short lady with grey hair.

"Ma'm please let us stay we have to finish our essay" Adrien spoke with a tone, almost kind.

"Actually, if you two dimwits would have cared, you would have noticed i finished it. By myself. Thanks a lot" Elaine said standing up and grabbing the papers and her remaining books.

They both tried apologizing, but Elaine was already gone, and out the library. In a hurry attempt to speed to her common room to meet with the Trio after, she was met with the face of George.

"Elaine?" He asked while seeing her in a frantic state. "Sorry George" Elaine said quickly and tried leaving. She knew she couldn't hide from George. He knew her too well.

"Slow down miss, what's wrong?" He asked while grabbing onto her robe and pulling her closer to him. "Everythings fine George" Elaine lied sympathetically.

"Don't lie to me Elaine" George said with sureness. "You're right, i'm not ok" Elaine said dropping her act. "I just feel so pressured all the time you know? and he-he just-" Elaine struggled to get her words out.

"It's alright darling, we don't have to talk. Would a hug do you any good?" George asked with a bright smile. He always knew how to make her feel better.

He pulled her into a warm hug, kind of like the ones Molly did. Those motherly hug she loved. She loved George in unexplainable ways, he was so kind to her. There wasn't anything romantic about them, they were just good friends.

Although she was close with Fred, nobody knew her like George. She was someone she wished she would always keep close to her, he was just one of those people.

"Mmh no. You two are not six inches within another!" a squeaky voice came out, which made them quickly pull away.

Elaine struggled to manged out a lie, but thankfully, George spoke. "We're so sorry miss, but Elaine had something in her hair i was just trying to get it".

Umbridge raised a brow, and a laugh followed. "Do you two take me for an idiot? My office. Now" She said which made Elaine drop her warm moment with George and follow behind the pink lady.

They finally made it to the horrid office, and she offered them a seat. George sat on the farther end seat, while Elaine sat across the room on another one.

Elaine knew how this went, she never experienced it, but she heard about it from the other students. "Now now, grab your quill won't you?" Umbrige spoke with delight.

They both carefully grasped the quill, and Elaines hand was shaking and turning white for how nervous she was.

"Mister Weasley, you will write, I just not tell lies" George nodded in agreement, or she would make his punishment worst.

"And for you.. sweet sweet Elaine" Umbrige spoke to her. "I must not be a whore" Umbridge said. Elaine gasped in shock and her jaw dropped in horror.

"Excuse me? Why must i ask?" Elaine spoke fierce. "You must not argue with me. It's simply what you are" Umbridge said.

Elaine sharped her jaw, and spoke. "Why miss? because the simple fact that i'm a women or because you're such an excuse of a women that you believe that's what we all are? must i remind you, you are as well a women".

"Enough!" Umbrige broke, and said "You must do what i said, or you'll wish you had". Umbrige, mad, she grabbed Elaines quill and swapped it for a one with a silver tip. "Now this is a better option for you" This time, Elaine didn't argue due to Georges face of worry and wrote down.

"i must not be a whore"

The pain suddenly started spread through her whole arm. She felt such so bad. She was in so much pain, and she could see George struggling with his hand, but also worried for Elaine. The red marked stained her arm, and it was permanently there.

She didn't dare cry, she wouldn't give Umbrige the satisfaction. "Good job dears, you may leave" Umbrige spoke with a smile after it was finished.