Chapter Fourty-Five: Hurt, Pain, Sympathy

A/N : i've decided to write this chapter in first person (Elaines POV) as it can be more personal and beneficial for the story. Sorry for any inconvenience.

(let me know if you would like more chapters written in first person, in Elaines POV, or Dracos)

ps. thank you for 19.6k <33

Elaine Riddle Perspective, June 18th, 1996

I must say, Lunas idea to ride Thestrals to London, was a bit concerning. However, i was surprised when i quite enjoyed it. Besides the situation we were in, i enjoyed the wind in my face, and the way my hair flowed.

I would definitely do it again, besides Thestrals were one of my favorite creatures. So majestic and freeing. If i ever have another life, i would like to be one.

But right now, i had bigger things to worry about. Voldemort, Tom Riddle, Dad... whatever you might call him. He's back, and i need to help Harry.

When we arrived at the Department of Mysteries, i was so tense. This is it. The first time i'm meeting him, of course besides my nightmares. And that's if he shows up.

We walked through the place, until Harry eventually led us through a door. Even tho i had no real way of knowing, this place seemed full of bad vibes. I hated it.

The place was full of crystal orbs that were filled with prophecies. Harry was particularly looking for his, the one he's seen in his vision. For some reason dear old dad wanted it.

Harry desperately looked for it, while i lighted up the place with my wand. That's when Neville spotted it. Harry carefully picked it up, as i watched him. It was truly horrifying words.

Then i was caught off guard, when a death eater was coming near us. I couldn't make out who it was until he took off the mask. My knees fell weak from whom i saw.

Lucius Malfoy. He wanted the prophecy. My knees felt like jelly when i spotted Bellatrix. Voldemort's right hand. I needed to be strong.

"Neville how's mom and dad?" Bellatrix said through her wicked smile, which made me want to gag.

"Better now that they're about to be avenged" Neville said, but before he could do anything stupid, i intervened and stood in front of him. Stopping him from making things worst.

"Elaine is it? How are you taking care of Draco? is he alright?" Lucius spoke to me in a wicked tone.

"Don't say a word about Draco" I said getting mad. He had no right.

"Looks like you are a Ri-" Lucius was saying but i cut him off. "Don't you dare finish that sentence or i'll cut you" I said.

"Woah.. let's just calm down here" Lucius said.

"All we want is the Prophecy" he said again.

Lucius them proceed to give unnecessary details, and most likely to manipulate Harry. He was speaking about his background, Family, and I as i am also alone, knows it can be very tempting. I was hoping Harry wouldn't fall into it.

Death eaters started surrounding the place, and i could feel my heart beating faster by the minute. We were trapped.

I was proven right Harry was smart and used his brain when he said "i've waited 14 years.. I guess i can wait a little longer"

And with that, i gripped my wand tighter until my knuckles turned white and i didn't wait until Harry said "Now" to cast the first spell that came to mind, "Stupefy!" I screamed at the death eaters as they went flying.