Chapter Six: Why?

Chapter Six: Why?

Elaine opened her eyes to bright lights all over her. She felt a bit dizzy and lightheaded. Her vision readjusted itself to see where she was. It appeared to be day. She still couldn't see quiet well, as she could manage to figure out was beds.

She then realized she was in the infirmary. She must have fainted for long because everything was bright and when she last was awake, it was almost dawn.

She saw Madam Pomfrey coming near her. "How are you feeling dear? you fainted and your friend brought you" she said in a sweet voice. "Im fine" Elaine said trying to take focus. "I gave you some medicine, you should be feeling better today" She said again with a smile.

"Thank you, when can i go back to the dormitories?" Elaine asked worrying about her classes seeing as it was almost 9. "You can leave right now if you'll like, you've been excused from all classes, but you can still go if you'll like" Madam Pomfrey said.

Elaine thought she would just rest today seeing as she was tired. Elaine gathered herself and started walking out when Madam Pomfrey called her one last time. "Oh i forgot, a young man named Robin? i think, asked me to tell you when you woke up to go to him" She said. "He wouldn't leave, i had to kick him out to go to classes" Madam Pomfrey said in annoyance.

Elaine smiled to herself seeing as Robin stayed. "And the guy who carried you here also wouldn't leave, they both stayed the night. They both must care about you" She said.

Elaine rolled her eyes. Draco probably only stayed her to annoy Robin. She started going to her dormitory. On her way there, She bumped into the little blonde hair girl she bumped into the first day. They've grown closer and gotten along very well.

"Oh hello Elaine" Luna said in her soft dreamy voice. "Hello Luna" Elaine said back with a smile. "How are you doing? Robin told me about what happened. He seemed to be very worried" Luna said with a smile.

"I've been good. Also, he has?" Elaine asked. "Yes, he's been crazy all day. He couldn't focus in class so he went to his Hufflepuff dormitories. He also told me that if i saw you, to go to him" Luna said.

"I was actually on my way there, but Thank you Luna" Elaine said equally as nice. "Anyways, i see that the Yule Ball is coming, i haven't had a date yet, but do you want to go to hogsmeade this next weekend to shop for dresses?" Luna said.

"I'll love too Luna" Elaine said with a small smile. "I should get going then, bye Luna" Elaine said finally leaving Luna. She made her way to the Hufflepuff dormitories.

She waited outside, until she saw one of Robins friends trying to enter the Hufflepuff common room. Since she couldn't get in, She told his friends to call him.

After a while of standing, Robin finally came out of the common room and gave Elaine a big hug. "Are you ok?" he asked her finally letting go. She slightly nodded. "What are you going to do now? are you going to classes?" Robin asked her. "No i'm staying in my dorm." Elaine said. 

"Can i stay with you? we can do something, like go outside and play quidditch or something" Robin asked. "Don't you have classes?" Elaine asked. "Yeah but i've missed all of them all day wouldn't hurt to miss more" Robin responded.

"Fine, but we have to be quiet that you don't get caught out of class. i'll also have to sneak you in my dormitories. I doubt they'll be anyone tho. It's classes time" Elaine said grabbing onto Robin and dragging him.

When they almost arrived at the Dungeon, They heard footsteps. Elaine quickly shoved Robin into a closet and pretended he wasn't there. Thankful for her, it was just Severus.