Chapter Twenty: Summer

A/N : hello my lovelies! and happy late Thanksgiving! i hope you all had a good break and i'm back with another chapter! i'm very greatfull for the support on this book as well as my last one! my last one just reached 12k which is extremely insane! anyways thankfull for you all, have a happy reading!

ps pilgrim harry up there

***

Chapter Twenty: Summer

It's August 31st, the last day of summer, and the overwhelming voices coming from the Burrow could be heard. Molly was making breakfast while everyone was getting ready to start the day.

Let's just say lots of things have changed over the summer. For everyone. But for Elaine, most changed for her. For example, her appearance. The growing 14 year old was soon to be 15 in exactly 1 day, September 1st.

She had several "changes" on her body over the summer. Her hips started devolving defined curves. She also noticed her breast grown by a size, she was size B and now she's a C. Although she wasn't complaining, it was surely getting frustrating fitting into shirts better.

Lots of part of her body started maturing, and that's  how things were. Not only was her body going though changes, so was she. She become more mature and often let childish things behind her.

Her hair had grown a bit longer, and her face started getting more define along her jawline. She become quiet the girl. Yeah before you could call her "pretty" but now she's gorgeous. Surely everybody wouldn't be able to get their eyes off her at Hogwards.

But there was something different this time... She was in a committed relationship. Yeah you guess it, with the one and only Ron Weasley. The two confessed their feeling halfway through the summer and have then been..closer.

Her relationship with Ron had been going great, although she felt something missing. She liked Ron a lot. She felt lots of things. But deeply she knew, Ron wasn't truly committed to her. There was someone who he was always looking at. Hermione.

She wasn't sure Ron's feelings were as strong as he said for her. And to be honest, neither did she. She often missed the scent of mint. The damn mint. She always pushed those thoughts to the back of her mind and tried living in the moment.

Besides that, she's had the best summer of her life. Often spending it playing quidditch with Ginny, playing pranks with the twins, or simply spending time with Ron. She was also beyond sad today was coming to an end. But she was also excited to see her friends and go back to Hogwards.

She put on a pair of shorts, they were just long enough to cover her bottom. They used to be longer, but the things her body has been going through lately changed how they looked on her.

She then threw a white oversized shirt that belonged to Ron, it was a bit long but it fit. After, she put on her white high top converse and only a bit of makeup since it was hot and it would wash away anyways.

She then made her way down the stairs, and met the rest of the family at the kitchen table. "Morning" She said while everyone responded. She took her usual seat next to Ron and kissed his cheek before sitting down.

She then sort of noticed Molly struggling to put the plates on the table, so she stood up and said "let me help you" and grabbed some plates started setting them down on the table. "Oh thank you dear your always so helpful" Molly said out of kindness.

Elaine then sat down for the second time and started grabbing some food and putting it on her plate. While setting her own plate, she could hear Ron eating fast besides her. She turned to Ron and said "Merlin Ron what have i told you about eating slower?" Elaine said with a tint of sarcasm.

"Sorry" Ron said trying to eat slower while smiling. Elaine then started devouring her food while Molly spoke. "So kids... are you guys excited to go back to Hogwarts tomorrow?" She asked with her usual smile.

"Erh not really sure about the school work but im for sure missing the food" Ron said while made Elaine lightly laugh and hit him on the shoulder for his stupidness. "It's our last year so i'm pretty excited" Fred said eating aswell.

"Well i'm very excited to see my friends" Elaine said responding with a smile. "Yeah she's excited to see Draco" Fred said laughing. "Shut up Fred" Elaine said. She could see Ron starting to get angry besides her, he hated Draco. Even by the mention of his name.

Although Fred knew how much this annoyed Ron, so in an attempt to make Ron more annoyed, he said "Didn't you date him Elaine?". The whole table went silent and Elaine could see Ron gripping on his fork.

Elaine put her hand over Ron's trying to calm him down and said "Yeah but that's all on the past we don't talk anymore". It seemed to calm down Ron and he proceeded eating.

                                          ***

For the rest of the day, Elaine played quidditch with all of them while enjoying the last few moments of summer with the Burrow. She had grown closer to all of them and it made her sad they won't be doing stupid things all day.

She also played a few pranks on Ron which annoyed him but soon forgave her with a kiss. She said goodnight to the Twins and Ginny before stepping into Ron's room.

She was supposed to be sharing a room with Ginny, but she often found herself sneaking into Ron's room so she permanently moved into his room a couple weeks ago. Elaine changed into a baby blue night gown while she waited for Ron to come out of the bathroom.

After Ron stepped into the room, Elaine layed into her side on the bed. Ron then layed next to her and wrapped his arm around her torso.

"You know, this has been the best summer ever. Especially since your here with me" Ron said while holding onto Elaine. "I'll have to agree on that" Elaine said smiling.

"You really do make me happy Elaine" Ron said digging his head into Elaines shoulder. "and you make me happy Ron" Elaine said before drifting into sleep.