Chapter Fifty-Eight : Shreds

Elaine Riddle Perspective, June 30, 1997

The sting in my heart didn't stop me from running through the walls of the old castle. My feet felt massive and heavy as I ran after Draco and the Deatheaters. I could feel the rigid cracks of the floors as my legs felt weak and jelly like.

My tears were dried on my face, and my hand was in a tight fist by my hand. My face was firm but gentle at the same time, and my old jagged converse were breaking apart.

My clothes were torn from bumping into things, and my shirt was stained with wet spots. Before I could process it, I was at the place were i was once happy.

The Great Hall was no longer cheery and lit up with candles. It was dark, and the moonlight did almost nothing to provide light. It felt sad in here. It felt terrible.

I covered my face with my bruised hands, as i felt flashbacks from 5th year when glass shards were digging into my skin. Bellatrix had destroyed the windows, and i could feel the cold air hit my skin.

I could feel the deatheaters getting away, so I did the only reasonable thing i could think off. I exploded shit up.

"Expulsó!" i shouted as i pointed my wand towards a candle. The candle exploded into pieces, causing the death eaters and Draco and Severus too look at me.

My face was sweaty, and i could feel Severus glare on me. Dracos brows furrowed and his eyes widened.

"Look what we have here..." Bellatrix said while dragging her feet along the rigid ground until she got to me. Her heels clicked on the floor as i could feel her warm breath besides me.

Draco's worried face made me go dense, and my nerves were through the roof. My hands were sweating with fear, and my feet were giving out.

"Please spare Draco. Leave him alone. i'll do anything you want" i said with my last breath of courage. Bellatrix moved around for until she came up behind me.

I could feel her breath in my right ear, and it send goosebumps towards my body. "Now now.. why would I do that? The Dark Lord needs Draco" Bellatrix whispered on my ear with a calm, but crazy tone.

My throat went dry, and i cleared it before i spoke again. "Don't you know..? If you take me to the Dark Lord and release Draco.. he will be more than satisfied. I'm something he's been looking for a long time.. and i'm willing to give myself up. for him"

Bellatrix chuckled . She chuckled behind me while i stared into Draco's sad face, and Snapes disappointed expression. I don't care what they want. I'm doing this.

"Well that surely is a promising idea! but only the Dark Lord will determined your fate.. You will come with us!" Bellatrix said with a wicked smile on her face.

All I could do is nod. I was terrified to the core, facing that man.. for the second time is horribly terrifying to me. He's my worst nightmare that i'm willing to face for him. he has to be safe.

I dragged my legs along the tiled floor, until I was besides Draco. The warmth radiating off his body was something i've never get used too.

He intertwined our fingers as he looked at me with worry. I know he didn't want me to do this. But dare he say anything, he and I would both end up dead. Something I could never ever wish upon.

Draco's hold on my hand only got tighter as we walked through the halls of the castle until we eventually got to to Hagrid's hut.

Im pretty sure Draco managed to catch me from falling atleast 3 times. The leaves and branches tangled my foot while i walked next to Draco.

My heart was pounding beyond fast, and my hands were trembling with fear. The sight of Bellatrix setting the hut on fire made me realize the reality of the moment. I wasn't little anymore. And nobody could protect me anymore, except myself.

The flames of the fire made my skin warm to the touch, but ice cold at the same time. My hands was safe in Draco's, and my mind couldn't help but paranoid me with the possible outcomes of the situation.

My body froze at Harry's voice screaming towards Snape. "He trusted you!" was all i could hear as i felt the flames of the fire burning through my skin.

I felt sick at the sight of Harry. I hope he doesn't get the wrong idea. I don't know why he came here, I can't let him get hurt. I just cant.

"You coward!" said Harry as he fired a spell at Severus. I flinched. Harry's eyes connected with mine for a split second, and he seemed confused.

"Leave!" Snape said at Draco and I. Draco didn't hesitate to hold onto me and start walking, but he stopped as he noticed i stayed in place. I stayed still.

"Harry.." i mouthed at him while Draco was still trying to pull me with him. The world seemed to stop as we made eye contact once again. After what felt like forever, I could see one thing in his eyes.

Understanding.

He gave a small, almost unrecognizable nod. And that's all it took for me to be pulled away with Draco.

I would be leaving my life behind. My bestfriend. Harry. Ron. Hermionie. George. Fred. Luna. Neville.. everyone, it would be all gone.

Im doing this for him.. Draco. The love of my life. Most people won't understand why i did it. They will call me a hypocrite, a weak person, or even a traitor.

But it doesn't matter to me. As long as he's safe. As long as he lives. I will do whatever it takes.

For Him.

REDAMANCY [d.m.]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara