Chapter Forty-Two: Exceed

Elaine felt like she had been running for hours, when it's really been a couple minutes. Her feet felt like they were on fire with howe fast she ran, her tears kept coming out no matter how fast she ran.

She didn't know where she was heading, yet, she couldn't stop running. Elaine couldn't take the lies anymore, her life, anything. She felt extremely unwanted. Nobody cares.

She ran and ran until she eventually felt water dripping on her. She didn't know where she had ended up as she had blurry vision, but this water didn't come from her face. She looked up and was soon soaking wet.

Her clothes were drenched, and her ponytail fell out and her hair became fully wet. It wasn't until she stopped that she realized where she was, the Quidditch practice field. It was raining like she never saw before, with electric thunder.

At this moment, she gave in and her knees became weak. She fell and crawled to the closet possible shade. She was soaking wet, sitting under a shade crying while everything surrounding her seemed to fall apart.

She cried and cried, the pain never stopped. She didn't have a place in this world, she couldn't live with herself. This hurt her like nothing ever before.

***
Elaine didn't know how many hours had passed of her crying, maybe four perhaps? it looked to be around 12 am and she couldn't help but not care about the curfew. Besides, Umbridge was most likely too focused punishing.

By this time, she felt nothing. Her tears were no longer coming out, and it was still poring like crazy. People probably didn't care where she was. Nobody did.

All Elaine could do is crawl up into a ball. Her muscles never felt more weak than now, her body was giving out on her. She hasn't eaten since yesterday morning and this didn't seem to help.

Her vision was very blurry, and she was struggling to stay awake. She knew most likely if she fell asleep here, something would take her, but she didn't want to go back, she couldn't.

It wasn't until she heard "Elaine?" with a worried tone that she looked up. It was Robin. He was dressed in a his Quidditch uniform and a broom by his hand.

He came over to her and saw how in a weak state she was. "What are you doing here darling? it's soaking outside." Elaine didn't respond, she couldn't.

Robin understood she wasn't in a good place, so he picked her up. He picked her up and said "Let's take you to your dorm" and with that, Elaines brows furrowed and she finally talked.

"Please... don't.. i can't go there" she said in a trembling voice. "Then where do you want to go?" Robin said very worried. "Anywhere but there please" Elaine managed to make out.

Robin just nodded and held her close. Elaine felt so safe in Robins arm, she felt warm. She felt bad for soaking him, but she eventually drifted into a sleep with how tired she was.

***
Elaine woke up with the warmth of the sun shining on her. Where was she? Her head hurt really bad, and she couldn't make out where she was. Also, what was she wearing?

It seemed she was wearing a pair of black sweatpants and a hoodie. Who were those? It wasn't until she saw Robin that everything came back slowly.

Robin was standing by the doorway, with a Raspberry Scone, and a cup of Tea. He smiled as Elaine woke up and said. "Hey.." awkwardly. Robin laughed and said.

"I thought you might be hungry" and handed her the food and tea. "My favorites.. you remembered" Elaine said and started eating while Robin sat on the bed. "So.. you want to talk about it?" and Elaine nodded.

***
Elaine explained everything, while Robin listened to every single word. Robin felt very sorry for her. They both sat in silence while Elaine finished talking and drinking her tea.

Robin hugged Elaine. "I will always trust you." and Elaine smiled into the hug. When they pulled away, Robin spoke. "So are you going back to classes?"

Elaines face fell and she said. "No, i can't face them. Not like this. I will have fo talk to Severus, he can hopefully talk to Umbridge and let me do my class work somewhere else. If things hopefully go to plan, i won't have to show up to classes until the owls. i'm pretty caught up on work anyways" Elaine said.

Robin understood and said, "Well you're welcome to stay with me and in my dorm for the rest of the year if you're comfortable" Elaine felt so grateful at the moment that Robin was a prefect and had his own room, Elaine also had her own room as a prefect, but she didn't want to be anywhere near Draco.

She didn't care if everyone was worried for her, or they didn't see her face for the rest of the year. She still loved them so much, but it hurt the love wasn't returned.

"Really?" Elaine said to Robin struggling to keep it together. "I love your company, we can take turns sleeping on the bed or couch, I love and care for you Elaine" Robin said. Elaine hugged him.

She felt so grateful. "What time is it?" Elaine asked. "10:34 am" Robin said, which meant everyone was in class, of course except her and Robin.

"Are you missing class mister?" Elaine said in sarcasm. "Oh am i?" Robin said laughing. Elaine laughed and said "Well, now would be a good time to talk to Severus and take some belongings from my room, everyone is gone and Severus next class isn't until 11"

Robin agreed, and Elaine walked out the empty Hufflepuff common rooms. Elaine walked through the empty hallways, until she entered Severus class.

He looked up from reading, and spotted her. He was silent. "Can i speak to you?" Elaine asked and he nodded and put his book down.

"So as you probably already heard about yesterday, i wanted to talk to you about my schedule" Elaine said. "Continue" Snape said intrigued.

"I've been having a really hard time lately.. and i was hoping you could talk to Umbridge and convince her to let do my class work in my dorm.. I can't face everything right now, it's taking a big toll on me. I'm advance in my classes anyways, and was hoping i wouldn't have to show up until my OWLS. I think i've been beneficial for me to be alone right now. Im  pleading you, i really need this" Elaine said.

Snape stayed silent for a while, until he said "I'll see what i can do.." Elaines filled up with excitement and Snape said "I'll owl you the answer by tonight".

As Elaine as leaving, Snape spoke one more time. "I know with him being back it's really hard.. and i'm only doing this because i know what it's like to be alone. Stay safe" Elaine smiled and nodded.

She left there until she eventually made it to her dorm to collect her stuff. She packed all her hygiene, along with the clothes she'll need. Once she made sure she had almost everything, she came back to the Hufflepuff common room.

Her and Robin studying as well as goofed around, to make Elaine feel better, until there was a knock at Robins window. It was Elaines owl, Aphrodite. The one Draco gave her.

Elaine opened the window, it must be Severus response. She pet her owl, and took the letter.

Elaine,

I spoke to Dolores today, and it took much convincing, but her and I decided it would be benificial for your education and health to approve your request. We both know you're a very advanced student and can most likely manage without direct teaching. All your assignments will be owled to you. You will attend the O.W.L.S sometime during June. You are still excepted to exceed. Do not let us regret this.

Professor, Severus Snape