Chapter Forty-Eight: Birthday

September 1st, 1996

Elaine woke up on this particular day with sadness, unlike the other years. This day was supposed to be special. She was starting her sixth year at Hogwarts, and more importantly, today was her sixteen birthday.

For a girl, her sixteen birthday is a big thing, but Elaine didn't feel happy, she felt stressed and worried. She couldn't get her problems out of her mind, and today she would try her hardest. She had too.

Her sixth year had to be different, she already had her classes in mind, and shes almost sure they'll let her take them by providing her Outstanding O.W.L.S scores.

Elaine hadn't come out the room so far, and she just finished combing her hair when she heard chaos downstairs. Elaine decided on a pair of light wash baggy jeans, an oversized jumper with green and black stripes, and her white high top converse.

Elaine grabbed her luggage, and came stomping down the stairs until she was met with the whole family in the kitchen.

Ron, Molly, Harry, Hermionie, Arthur, Ginny, George, and Fred were standing around the dining table, all of them with green party hats.

In the middle of the table, was a messy but homemade cake that was covered in green frosting, and said "Happy Birthday El!!" clearly messy.

Elaine couldn't contain her smile when she saw them as they yelled "Surprise!!". "Guys.. you didn't have to do this" Elaine said feeling bad for all the trouble.

"Nonsense! Happy Birthday dear" Molly said going towards Elaine and giving her a hug. Following, Arthur gave her one aswell.

Molly handed Elaine a brown gift bag, and Elaine looked in awe as she opened. It was a green beanie with the letter "E" knitted into it. Elaine gave Molly another hug before she was pulled apart by Fred and George.

"Guys, you shouldn't be here.. you have lots of work at the shop" Elaine said to them. "You're more important to us El" George said giving her a hug. Fred agreed, and also gave Elaine a hug.

"Hope you like it" George said handing Elaine a green bag. Elaine carefully opened it, and lots of gadgets of the shop were laying around.

Fred said, "Hopefully you'll pull some pranks in our honor this year at Hogwarts". Elaine laughed and hugged them both. "I'll miss you guys this year" She said smiling.

Elaine then moved onto the trio. She gave them individually a hug, and thanked them for being there for her. She ended up getting sometime she wanted for a long time from Harry. A record player.

Elaine was really into music, especially from the station on the radio. She loved it. Elaine practically tackled him when she opened the gift. She thank him so much.

To go along with it, Hermionie got her a "Coldplay" Vinyl. Ron also got her a "Beetles" Vinyl. Elaine loved these bands, and was beyond great full for the gifts.

Elaine blew out her candles and she only had one thing in mind when she asked for that wish.

However, the party didn't seemed to last long when it was already time to leave to Kings Cross. Elaine practically sobbed when she had to say goodbye to the Twins. She had to be dragged away from them, to outside.

***

Within a flash of an eye, Elaine was already in her compartment looking out the window with the trio. She dreaded seeing Draco, she would be patient with him, but there was only a certain amount she could handle.

Elaine was snapped out of her daydreams by the sound of Harry's voice.

"So what was Draco doing with that weird looking cabinet... and who were all those people? don't you see..? it was a ceremony.. an initiation." He spoke.