Chapter Four: Confessions

Chapter four: Confessions

After breakfast, Elaine walked with Draco to
Herbology. To her worries, She had Potions next with Severus. She wondered how that would go.

Regardless, she eventually made it through Herbology, and before getting to Potions, Robin tapped her on the shoulder. She finally was able to get away from Draco, so she went with him.

Robin pulled her into an empty hallway and all he said is "talk". He stared at her with a serious face. "Why are you dating Malfoy? you hate him" Robin said once again.

"Well maybe i don't" Elaine lied to him. She felt incredibly guilty. "I'm so disappointed in you. out of all people" Robin said looking down. "I want you to leave him" Robin said suddenly. She didn't know where this was coming from.

"You can't control who i date" Elaine said starting to get angry. "Why him Elaine! He's an ass!" Robin screamed back. "He's an annoying stupid boy who doesn't care about anyone except himself. He doesn't like you. He doesn't even like himself. he's playing you open your eyes. That's why he's going to turn out exactly like his father. A useless idiot who think their better than everyone" Robin said.

Hearing Robin say these words about Draco made her angry. He wasn't useless. She was the smartest boy she's met. The boy who she knew wasn't truly who he seemed to be.

"Don't talk about him like that! He's not useless! or ans Idiot!" Elaine said in anger. That's when he heard a voice coming near them. Draco. She grabbed Elaine and pulled her to his side. "is there a problem here?" Draco said as calm as possible.

"No i was just leaving" Robin said in anger stomping away. She relaxed herself and her breathing normalized. "Thank you" Elaine said to Draco before walking to Potions.

On her way, she thought about why she had defended Draco. He had been nothing but mean to her. He's blackmailed her, made endless remarks towards her, and was over all a jerk. She likes to try and believe there's more to Draco then a rude boy. She was determined to find out who he was. Who he truly was. Who knows, maybe they can become friends.

She made it to Potions and Draco was already in his seat. She sat next to her seat next to him, and started copying down the notes. She felt Draco's hot breath against her. He was looking at her. She couldn't dare to look up.

After a while, her head rose up to Snapes voice and she quickly hears his words trying not to focus on Draco. "Will anyone tell me what Amortentia is?" Snape said. Elaines hand rose up and she was called on.

"Amortentia is the most powerful love potion, of course it doesn't make real love, it just makes the drinker have a powerful infatuation or obsession. It has a different aroma to each person, depending on what attracts them" Elaine said with a smile.

"Well we already know what Malfoy and Elaine will smell" A boy said in the class which erupted into laughers around the room. Elaines cheeks went a tinted shade of red, while Draco smirked at her. Severus gave her a confused expression.

"Very well Elaine. 10 points to Slytherin. Also, please stay with me after class" Snape said and continued with his lesson.

Just as class ended, she was about to face Severus but Draco held her wrist. "Meet me in the astronomy towers at 9. don't be late" Draco said. "Why?" Elaine asked. "Let's just say, i want to get to know you better. oh and if you don't go, you know what happens" He said leaving her alone.

Elaine rolled her eyes and eventually made her way over to Severus. "You wanted to see me?" Elaine asked him. "Perhaps" Severus said. "What did they mean when they said you and Malfoy know what you would smell?" Severus said.

Elaine stared akwardly at the ground before she spoke. "dracoismyboyfriend" She said as quickly as possible. "I didnt quiet catch that. can you repeat it?" Severus said with a raised eyebrow. "Draco is my boyfriend" She said. His eyebrows shot up.

"Malfoy? i Thought you hated him?" he asked. "Well it sorta- happened" Elaine said. "Very well. You shall tell me if he does anything wrong. You may leave" He said. Elaine left as quickly as possible, trying to avoid Robin.

She got through the rest of the day successfully, and eventually, she was studying in her dormitory, when she saw the time. 8:50. She had to meet Draco. She quickly cleaned up a bit and started heading out in hopes of not getting caught.

She arrived at the Astronomy tower and was met with Draco sitting down looking at the stars. He nodded to her to sit next to him, so she did.

"so.." She said breaking the silence. "Tell me about yourself" Draco blurted out not taking his eyes off the stars. "Why?" Elaine asked. "I want to know who you are. Your always so closed off. Never talk about yourself. so tell me" Draco said again.

"Well, My real name is Elaine Blair Riddle, i'm 14 years old and Severus Snape raised me" Elaine said. "That's so boring" Draco said. "Well what did you expect?" Elaine said. "About your father, How you grew up, Why Snape raised you as his own and stuff" Draco blurted out.

"Uh so well.. My father, Tom Marvolo Riddle, never wanted me. He couldn't love anything. Not even me.. So he left me under the care of Severus. Severus took me in, and eventually, he warmth up to me. I have become very skill in potions. I never want to turn out like my father. I hope to never meet him. I'm a descendant of Slytherin i presume, Since my father was. Everything in my life has to be perfect. If it's not, i'm afraid i'll turn out just like my father. That's my biggest fear." Elaine said.

She felt good. She's never spoken these words to anyone. Severus would kill her. But yet, there she was speaking to Draco. "interesting" Draco said with a raised eyebrow.

"What about you? Whats your life story?" Elaine asked him. He looked a bit taken back by the sudden question. "huh?" he asked. "You didn't expect me to let you go that easy right?" Elaine said with a smirk.

"Well, I've lived alone my whole life. I've had everything i wanted, but i still have this hole within me. I loved my mother, i would do anything for her. My father.. well he's a complicated man. I've never had any real friends" He said a bit sad. There's was a silence. A silence that filled the room.

"I heard you" Draco said which made Elaine furrow an eyebrow. "I heard you defend me" He said. Elaines face went into a smile. "I don't know why you did it. i've only ever been mean to you" He said looking down.

"i don't care who you are. Nobody deserves to be talked about that way. Especially you. Your more than that. I know you are" Elaine said looking up at Draco.

Their eyes interlocked for a moment. She could see his glowing eyes in the moonlight. The sad expression on his face. She absolutely hated him for weeks, but she has sympathy for him. He looked so innocent. So pure. They both looked at each other. In that moment, she could have sworn, Draco Malfoy was just a simple boy. A boy who deserves nothing but love. But then she remembered who he truly was. The bully. The boy who blackmailed her.

"Uh im going to get going now" She said standing up. Draco nodded and they both walked back to the Dungeons. They gave each other slight nods before walking into their dormitories.

Elaine couldn't help but wonder, could Draco Malfoy change? Could he be nice? Perhaps she'll like to be his friend. She drifted into a deep slumber.