Chapter Three: The Truth

Chapter three: The Truth

Malfoy has left Elaine alone for 2 weeks. She was at all times avoiding him. Never coming near him. She absolutely despised him. A lot. During the past few weeks, Her and Robin had become very good friends, and grew closer. She often found herself blushing around him.

She always felt happy when around him, She felt she could trust him. Something she hadn't been able to do in a while. Trust someone. She hanged out in free times, mostly always, even tho they came from different house, they still were very close.

Today was the first task of the Tri-Wizard Tournament. The famous Harry Potter was chosen as candidate and she couldn't help but feel bad everytime he looked at him. She knew it wasn't her fault that his parents were killed by her father, but she still felt astonishingly guilty. She never tried to look at him.

She put on a black turtle neck with some black jeans, and a black coat on top. She topped it off with a small pearl necklace over the turtle neck to give it a bit of color. She let her natural wavy hair down and applied light base of makeup.

After admiring her appearance, she decided to go outside to meet with Robin. She eventually met him, and fluffed his hair a bit with her hands and eventually hugged him. She saw everybody looking at her direction.

Elaine was a pretty girl indeed, it was in fact no secret. She had pretty features. Every boy was after her. She always avoid boys and somehow always caught someone staring. She was never one to go after boys, no one had caught her interest exept the certain brown hair Hufflepuff.

They went and sat at one of the benches and carefully waited for the upcoming match to start. She thought about how some type of "Yule Ball" was coming up.

She's gotten a few request, but she denied all in shame. She was waiting for Robin. He was quiet the good looking boy. He certainly wouldn't be interested in her she thought. They were so many prettier girls.

She's also heard that Malfoy has some sort of rivalry against Harry. She found that very strange. They always argued. Especially Malfoy being the cause. She was rather happy he hadn't come near her.

But she also noticed him a bit different the past few weeks, He seemed more distant. He no longer hung out with Pansy. She hadn't caught them snogging. They broke up perhaps? She will find it in no surprise he would find a date to the dance regardless.

As much as it pained her, He was a good looking boy. Any girl would be delighted to have him as her boyfriend. He was handsome. All of his features. But his strong arrogance and selfishness made him particularly ugly.

***
After the match, Elaine decided to go to the Dungeons a bit earlier to hopefull catch up on some quiet reading. She left Robin with a big hug and started heading back.

She walked through the Hogwards corridors smiling because this was her home now. Reading wasn't the only reason she wanted to go back early tho. In the middle of the match, she thought about if she had hidden her diary after she wrote in it this morning.

She was in a state of worry and decided to check it out before anyone got there before her. She walked into the dormitories to find Malfoy.

He was sitting on her bed, reading the diary. oh no. this couldn't be happening. how could she be so foolish If Severus knew-. She quickly snatched the diary out of his hands. and pretend he wasn't reading her most secret possession.

She hoped he hadn't gotten to far. "What are you doing in my room!" Elaine said trying to push him off. "Oh your back" he said with the brightest smile.

"Elaine Sna- or should I say Riddle?" Malfoy said. he knew he definitely knew. All Elaine could think of was. deny deny deny. "I don't know what your talking about Malfoy" Elaine said with hurry.

"Oh really" Malfoy said showing her the pages of her notebook. "No need to hide it now. I already know" He said amused. "Who would have thought. Sweet Elaine was the daughter of Lord Voldemort" he said.

"He is no father of mine" Elaine said in her defense."He never wanted me. He is not a father". "regardless of what you think, He is" Malfoy said.

"Your gonna have to do something for me. and if you don't, i'll be a shame if your secret gets out" He said running his fingers along the book.

"How dare you blackmail me!" Elaine said with fury. "No need to yell" Draco said smiling. "Fine" Elaine ended up saying. She couldn't let her secret lose. "I want you to be my fake girlfriend" Malfoy said which send Elaine into shock.

"What?" She said in confusion. "You heard me. You'll be my girlfriend along public eye. Everyone will envy us. Everyone will think we're dating" he said.

"What? Cant fancy yourself a real girlfriend Malfoy?" Elaine spat back. "Oh trust me I can. But Pansy seems to be extremely jealous of you" Draco said. "So you want me to make Pansy jealous?" Elaine said and Draco gave her a quick nod.

"Cant belive your making me do this.." Elaine said quietly. Draco smirked with amusement. "Fine but there's certain conditions we have to have" Elaine said. "Which are?" Draco said.

"No kissing unless it absolutely necessary." Elaine said. "Fine. be boring if you want" Draco said rolling his eyes. "Oh and also you have to eat with me and my friends at lunch. and not telling ANYONE" He said before going towards the door.

"See you tomorrow girlfriend" he said and walked out the door with a smirk. Elaine thought to herself. She didn't even think about Robin. but why should she? they're not even dating. Perhaps she was worrying to much.

This was a foolish mistake. One that would not happened again. It couldn't. She quickly hid the diary were she was supposed to, and went to sleep thinking of the morning ahead of her.

                                         ***

Elaine woke up with a bad mood. Just thinking of what she had ahead of her today, would he torture. Dating Malfoy. The boy she absolutely despised. The boy who she hated.

Elaine curled her hair, did light makeup and put her robes on. She looked in the mirror until she was satisfied. She made sure she looked good. After a while, she finally decided to head down to breakfast.

She was met in the common room with Draco, Pansy and Blaise. Pansy seemed to be all over Draco while he pushed her away.

Elaine was about to make leave, when a voice stopped her. "Let's go to breakfast" Draco said standing up leaving Pansy. Pansy had such a fury of anger behind her eyes.

Draco grabbed Elaines hand, which made her slightly flinch, but then she remembered her agreement. She gave Pansy a smile before Draco and her walked out hand in hand.

As soon as they were out, every head turned to them. "Is that Elaine and Malfoy?" "Are they dating?" another voice said. Elaine tried to ignore all while Draco smirked towards the suddent attention.

They were almost to the great hall, when she bumped into the person she was avoiding. Robin. "Elaine?" he said staring down at her hand in Dracos.

"Robin" she slightly whispered with fear. She quickly pulled her hand away from Dracos and hid them behind her back. "uh anyway, want to go sit at the Hufflepuff table with me today?" Robin asked her.

When she was about to agree, Draco grabbed her and put his body up to hers by the side, while he grabbed onto her waist. "She sitting with me Eloid" Draco with a smirk.

"With you!? your kidding right? She hates you. She would never" Robin said with such confidence. "Oh really?" Draco said with a raised eyebrow. "Really" Robin said with a straight face.

Draco pulled Elaine in a suddent kiss, a soft kiss. She could feel the warmth of his lips against hers, the fury within her craving more. She just didn't know why.

After they pulled apart, Robin had a shocked expression. "Come on let's go" Draco said holding onto Elaine leading her out. Elaine looked back at Robin, and saw a disappointment and sad expression on his face. She looked back at him with and apologetic smile.

She hadn't thought about one thing tho. Severus. How would he react? She wasn't sure. Elaine has lots on her mind. But it was just the start of her worries.