Suffer

November 8, 2015
12:35 p.m
Chicago, Illinois
Javen Khari Scott

mChicago, Illinois Javen Khari Scott

*flashback*
March 3, 2009

"Javen." My mama whispered and I looked at her. She motioned for me to come over to her so I did. She pulled me outside bending down to my level.

"You so beautiful." She said making me smile.

"Thank you."

"You welcome baby, mommy got something for you." She smiled and then pulled out a box. She opened it and a pretty ring sat inside of it. It had a J on it. I looked at her and she still had a smile on her face.

"That stand for Javen?" She laughed nodding her head.

"Thank you mama." I hugged her and she sighed.

"You're welcome." She said letting me go. I took the ring out the box putting it on my finger.

"It don't fit." I said as it kept sliding off.

"It's ok love, it'll fit soon. Your fingers just got to grow." She said kissing my hand and I laughed.

"So look, keep it in this box. And when your fingers grow big enough to where it can fit you can wear it all the time. Ok." I nodded as she put it in the box.

"Go put it in your room ok." I nodded going in the house but then I noticed she wasn't following me.

"Mama, come in." I said.

"Mommy has to go baby." I looked down.

"Hey, don't do that I'm going to come back." She said and I looked at her.

"Yeah after five months right?" She sighed.

"Javen, I'm sorry-"

"Don't be, is that why you gave me this? Because you knew you were leaving for a long time again? You do this every time you get ready to leave." I said.

"Javen I gave this to you because I wanted to. I'm sorry I have to leave, but mommy can't be around you and Jonnie for more than and hour every other week. You know this, and yeah sometimes I disappear for longer and I apologize but I still love you and I haven't forgot about you ok." She said.

I shook my head going in the house. I shut the door running upstairs to my room. Going over to my vanity I sat down in the chair.