Above Water

October 14, 2020
2:14 p.m
Los Angeles, California
Javen Khari Scott

"Javani and Ja'Khari y'all need to sit down

"Javani and Ja'Khari y'all need to sit down." I said, I was in my salon that had been finished a few months ago doing somebody's hair and I had them with me along with Journey. Kentrell went to the studio earlier and everybody had something to do so they were with me.

"Watch TV." I said turning it up.

"Bad asses." I mumbled.

"Ight Jay I'm out for the day. I have to get home to my kids." Jayla said, she was one of the 4 girls who worked for me.

"Ok that's fine. There's no more appointments after this one anyway." She nodded before leaving out. Thankfully I just had to straighten this hair and then I could leave.

"Jay you know what, I got it boo."Tessa said and I looked at her.

"You sure? I mean you're already doing ha-"

"I got one more braid boo, go ahead."

"Thank you so much." She nodded, I quickly went to wash off my hands.

"Khari, Vani over here now." They ran to me.

"Put your jacket on." They did as told and I zipped it up for them. I grabbed Journey's car seat leaving out the building.

"This way." We went to the car and I put all three of them in. By the time I was finished I was out of breath. This was always a work out, especially when they moved a lot.

I got in the car myself taking a deep breath. I took my case off my phone and my eyes landed on that card. I grabbed it just staring at it.

Jalyn Cypher Scott, it's been years. I definitely never forgot about my baby boy. Just was always scared to call or go see him.

I dialed the number just waiting as it rung. Then, somebody picked up.

"Hello?"

"Hey um is this Kassidy Williams?"

"Yes this is she? Who is this?"

"Javen Scott, mother of Jalyn Cypher Scott."

"Javen.....hey love. It's been years." She chuckled.

"Yeah I know, do you guys still live in LA?"

"Yeah, same house and everything." I smiled.

"Great, can I come see him?" I asked.

"Of course, yes. Yes."

"Ok, thank you."

"You're welcome. We'll see you when you get here."

"Ok." I hung up with a smile. I looked back at the three of my other kids.

"I took a chance......" I sighed before driving away. I was feeling so many emotions right now. I was happy, excited, scared and nervous. Just so many things.