six

elysian: adj; beautiful or creative; divinely inspired; peaceful and perfect

IVY
_

"Can I have a sip of your water?" I asked Lee, my throat aching as i rubbed it gently.

"It's vodka"

"Who drinks Vodka at 8am?"

"Who drinks water at 8am?"

"Fair" I croaked out.

I lifted my comforter off my body, feeling the cold fleeting air hit my body.

Instead of letting Mrs drill sergeant wake me up, I got up on my own terms, a now common thing in my morning routine.It was refreshing not hearing her voice, that gravely loud, painful voice.

"Alright, ladies! Up up up! come on now, breakfast in 15!" The grinding voice said from the doorway.

I spoke too soon.

Larissa stood slouched against the cracking wooden frame, her dark locks held high in a frizzy ponytail.

Her voice was like coffee, but instead of the delicious creamy stuff.

I mean the crunchy dirt-like stuff in the filter.

I climbed out of my bed, rubbing my cheeks in the hope the puffiness would fade.

"I swear to god Jamie, If you touch my toothbrush once more I will not hesitate to put spiders in your sleeping bag" One of my cabin mates Claire said. I hadn't known her for long, but she wasn't a pushover, that's for sure.

The small blonde girl laughed loudly, "I'm sorry Jamie please don't hurt me, both of our toothbrushes are blue" she said, running out of the bathroom.

"Who uses their own toothbrush to clean a mirror?!" Jamie barked back.

I giggled at the high-speed chase around the bunks.

I grabbed my pile of clothes and headed into the bathroom, girls lined up in front of the mirror applying makeup and brushing their teeth.

I got dressed slowly, my eyes barely open as I buttoned up my shorts.

Lee was wearing a black shirt, it's sleeves frayed and lacy. Along with it she wore a pair of dark denim shorts, longer than the usual pair.

"Too emo?" She asked me, her dark eyes wide as she waited for an answer.

"Uhh, sure?" I said not knowing what to respond with. I was still half asleep as I examined her, hoping my words didn't come off as rude.

"Perfect! Just what I was going for." She said enthusiastically, brushing her shorts off.

"It suits you." I smiled.

"You think?" She responded cheerily, tilting her head slightly.

"Definitely."

It had only been a couple days since we met but I already felt comfortable with her. We bonded quickly, it felt like we had known each other for years. Every conversation wasn't rushed, or calculated, I could even say thing without fear of getting in trouble or scolded.