eighteen

saorsa; noun; freedom, liberty

IVY
Flashback - 4 years ago.
-
I never thought id be here.

I never thought id be standing here, hands in my pockets as I spoke to a crowd of blank faces people. They didn't move, didn't speak, like statues in a garden of sadness.

I would be lying if I say I wasn't petrified, the feeling of guilt and remorse seeping up my throat as I spoke my first words.

"You once sat on my bed, a longing look in your hazel eyes, looking out my window ever so often. It was mid-June, you always hated the sun, so you stayed inside most of the summer, probably why you were so pale" I laughed through soft sniffles. "I had never seen you cry before, not even when you broke your leg in 7th grade, it was so foreign to me, i didn't expect it. You told me everything, every word i never expected to leave your mouth" I spoke softly, the mic amplifying my words.

"I only wish I knew sooner"

That's the moment I knew that love never existed because love should've stopped what happened that day in mid-June, but it didn't.

End

--

The hand on my forehead was freezing cold, their other hand still grabbing my hair behind me.

How did I end up in these situations every time.

He nearly said it, he nearly said the thing that would lead to my ultimate breakdown. Well, maybe not that serious but it hurts to hear every single time.

"Hey, Hey, Hey, Its okay," Reece's voice said from behind me. My heart dropping in an instance as i realized who it was. He held me steady as i stared blankly at the wall infrnt of me, a million ugly thoughts racing through my mind.

I wanted to throw up even more, he couldn't be here.

He was here, sitting beside me as I threw up violently in the toilet, Holding my hair back gently. This was a nightmare, figuratively speaking. His eyes were gentle, the rest of his features blurry as there wasn't much light in the bathroom at this hour.

To say I was embarrassed was the understatement of the century.

"Why are you here?" I said, grabbing a wad of toilet paper to my left and wiping my mouth vigorously. My mouth tasted fowl, I should've expected it. I winced at the feeling in my head and the way he stared at me, as if he was pretending not to be grossed out by the entire situation.

"I followed you" he spoke softly as to not cause me even more pain than i was experiencing at the moment.

He saw me fucking trip.

"Well that's not creepy." I said, more embarassed then before.

"I was worried."

"Just, get out," I said defeated, leaning sadly on the wall beside the toilet.