fourty three

reverie;noun; a stage of being lost in ones thoughts; a daydream

Thank you for 240k, I love you dearly <3

REECE
-

I started to think I never really knew what kissing felt like.

Sure I knew what lips on lips, tongues in mouth felt like.

But was that truly kissing?

Deep down there has to be some emotional thing to it.

Eye contact.

Touch.

The way my heart dropped when I kissed her for the first time.

I liked kissing girls, feeling them tense up in my arms, feeling their cheeks grow hot. The small whimpers that escape from their lips. Although the feeling lasted a only few minutes, usually forgetting the way they kissed me in a day or two.

But nothing felt like kissing her.

-

Her skin was warm as she sat down next to me, all five of us huddled close as the darkness fell over the coast. The sun disappearing shortly after beating the horizon.

I sat still against rocky hill behind me, not listening, nor saying a singular word.

It was usual for me, I'd always been quiet. Even in school i'd never raise my hand or talk to anyone beside me, i'd just look forward and pretend I knew what was going on.

My silence was louder to some than others. I think most people wouldn't even notice if I was or wasn't in the room though. I tried not to take up too much room, I didn't want to be a burden.

My silence prevented me from regretting more things than I needed to. If you don't say anything, you don't risk saying something dumb.

So the others talked, they filled the void, not me.

I just stared, stared out at the pitch black ocean, it was almost impossible to tell the difference between the water and the sky.  The only difference was the stars, then bright, almost blinding stars. They were never like that in the city, never.

Ever since I had been with her, the stars almost seemed brighter.

Her hair was wet, small droplets dripping onto my t-shirt as she talked. She liked talking, talking and talking about whatever her brain could come up with.

Her voice, unlike mine, made a difference in the world. It made a difference in me. It filled my silence, making it not seem like such a bad thing.

I examined the others faces, so enthralled and captivated by her words. 

"I swear to fucking god that was a jellyfish" She said, her smile wide, spreading ear to ear.

"Or you're just insane" Leo said, running a hand through his hair.