thirty two

caelum;noun; the sky, the heavens

IVY

That morning I woke up in my bed, the covers enveloping me in a cocoon. Larissa's loud voice echoed through the cabin, but it didn't bother me like it did before. I woke up in my bed, not on the log that I had fallen asleep on, and not anywhere else. And like before, Reece had carried me in.

The thought of that was hard to imagine.

I was stupidly in love, stupidly.

My head was spinning in the best way possible and my body felt fuzzy all over. It's hard to describe the moment you know you love someone, most people we love are our family, and that's supposed to be a given. But when you love something, really love someone, it's a whole new thing.

It's indescribable.

I wasn't really sure what love felt like, but it seemed like a human thing to know when you do. I hadn't ever loved a boy before, not deeply enough. Sure I loved a guy in a platonic way, cared about them, but not the way I loved Reece.

I loved his brain and the way he thought, I loved the way he said more in short answers than most people could in long essays. I loved his humour and his laugh, the way he smiled in different ways. I was infatuated with his eyes, his lips, and the way he breathed. I loved all of him, not just the pretty things, I loved the disarray of feelings of emotions, I loved it all.

And in return, he listened to my messy rants and my broken words, all of it, not just the parts he wanted to hear. Some people only care about the good things in your words, they fail to recognize how important your mistakes are as well.

Love was creepy in a sense, caring so much about another person when you hardly knew them.

But in was special in a way that two strangers came together and became something significant together, it was a joint feeling, a shared love.

Back home, a month and a half felt like nothing, but at camp when you were forced to be with them, a month felt more like a year. We had spent almost every night together, escaping sleep and talking under the moonlight. I knew the others knew about us, it was obvious in the way that we looked at each other. But for the first few weeks, the ones that I was so unsure of my own feelings, we were a secret.

We were a secret to the world, and even to ourselves. We shared thoughts and insecurities and I talked more than I think i've ever talked to anyone in my life. And it was nice to have something so special to our own, to escape in the depths of night and have hope for what would come.

We traded jokes and laughter and everything in between, I never realized how the right words could seem so intimate. I had always related intimacy to touch, and often not in a good way. I believed that no matter how much a guy liked you, he'd always be in it for the end result. I believed that the only way to truly understand something was to give them what they wanted in the form of your body.