thirty eight

NEW READERS: this is such a shitty chapter, i'm so sorry

solivagant;adj; wandering alone.

IVY

-

"But you already knew it, didn't you?"

There are many times I've felt betrayed in my life, mainly while watching movies. I think betrayal is the right word? isn't it? Perhaps there's a new word in unaware of, a new word to describe every single emotion that was flowing throw my veins, because betrayal doesn't cover it all.

Like when Rose let go of jack, sinking beneath the depths of that frigid water. The looming look on his face as he said his last goodbye, maybe it was like that. Maybe it was that final moment when you realize that all along that person wasn't who you thought they were.

But then again it wasn't roses fault, she was tired of swimming, cold and afraid. She was just as weak as jack in that moment, so was it his doing? Did he betray her?

I suppose only the ocean knows.

But betrayal is what I saw.

And as I stared at the boy in front of me, tear-stained cheeks and puffy eyes. I no longer saw the boy I had spent those nights with, the boy who sat and listened to all of my random theories and questions. I no longer saw the boy who kisses me softly in the rain, the boy who told me something I'd never have the courage to tell anyone myself.

He sat there, stunned at the words that had left my lips just a few moments ago.

"What?" was all he managed to mutter, closing his mouth promptly.

"Now I know you're sarcastic, and I know you don't take things seriously," I said, my voice breaking slightly as I spoke, I sniffled I'm twice before I added on. "But please don't lie to me, not this time, lie to me all you want after, just please Reece I'm begging you, tell me the truth" I begged, tears streaming down my face.

He stared at me for what felt like years, those eyes so piercing and full of stories. I could fall in them forever and ever, I'd get lost in the specs of brown amidst the green pools. His chest breathed in and out softly, in and out in and out.

Id do that summer over a million times more if I got to see those eyes every single time.

"I told you everything, everything about my sister, some things I didn't even know I knew of!" I said, forcing a small laugh as I sniffled in.

My arms were still wrapped around my body, my fingernails unconsciously digging deep into my sides. I knew there would be marks, and something about that made me happy.

He was speechless, thoughtless even. Like one word would break him if he ever dared to speak.

"I can't keep standing here talking to myself, I mean I sound insane," I said, using a finger to wipe the trail of water from beneath my eye. Black watery mascara stained my under-eyes, I should've never worn makeup.