thirteen

philocalist; noun: a lover of beauty; someone who finds and appreciates beauty in all things

ivy's word :)

IVY
-
"Do you often sleep in grass fields"

I screamed as the voice made me regain consciousness.  But a strong hand put over my mouth instantly silenced me. As I felt the pressure on my ears, my head felt hot and unruly, I wanted to scream even louder.

His hands were deathly cold.

Would it kill him to purchase gloves of some sort?

"Shut the fuck up, holy you're loud" He hushed.

The harsh tone startling me even more than his introduction. I raised my eyebrows at his comment, staring at him directly in the eyes. My worst nightmare came upon me as Reece stared back at me, a familiar glint in his eyes. His eyes were so dark it was as if he was wearing permanent eyeliner.

I considered biting his hand, but I held back out of fear.

I grabbed Reece's hand and shoved it away from my face violently, scooting back so that my back was against the hill. I huffed frantically, my heart beat pumping out of my chest. I stared at him like a deer in a headlight, confused as to what to even say.

"Dont just creep up on me like that and then shove your hand on my mouth!" I practically hissed at him. My breath was wild, the feel of fright rushing through my veins.

"Do you want the entire camp to wake up? God i think Australia could hear you" He chuckled as he got up. I watched as he shuffled back, putting his cold hands into his pockets.

That stupid laugh.

I grew a scowl as I looked at the shadow of a demon in front of me. Okay, maybe he's not that bad, but you get the picture.

"Some people find it rude when others muffle them" I shot back, my breathing slowly but surely returning to normal.

He scoffed, obviously wanting to make a dirty joke.

"How clueless i must be then" He said in a more charming tone than usual. He looked tall and daunting as he stood before me, the dark of the night forming around him.

After seconds of distant staring and silence I finally spoke.

"What you doing up at this hour?" I questioned him, keeping my distance. I no longer noticed the sounds around me, the way the wind blew through the open windows, my focus was on him.

"Wandering" He said, a small hint of sarcasm in his voice.

"Seems pretty unsafe" I said back, the wind around me picking up.

"Well you see, i'm not the one dozing off in the middle of a field" He said, i could see a grin forming in his shadow of a face.

I bit the inside of my lip.