eight

even fall; noun; twilight, dusk

IVY

I grabbed the jacket quickly, shoving it into the fold of my arm.

"Thanks," I said, not knowing what to even say.

"Don't mention it" His deep voice lingered as he began walking towards what I assumed was his cabin.

"Do you think we'll get caught?" I half whisper-yelled towards him. I wasn't quite sure what answer I was expecting from him, maybe no answer would suffice.

I wanted to be more adventurous, more fun, and spontaneous, but I couldn't dare to be caught. It was so unlike me, so out of character.

I waited for a moment for an answer, walking away slowly almost hoping for one now.

"What's the fun in not being caught?" Reece said before turning back around.

——-

The cabin was quiet, besides the sound of Carol snoring. I was surprised she didn't wake herself up, considering she sounded like my dad's lawnmower trying to start up after a long winter.

Maybe that's an exaggeration.

I hadn't seen Lee since we fled from the shore, U hoped she would get back soon.

As I lay in my bed staring at the wooden ceiling my eyes felt heavy, soon my head hit the softer-than-usual pillow and I was out.

——
"Ivy!"

"Ivy"

I groaned as I pushed the blanket off my face.

"What do you want" I mumbled through layers of tangled hair.

"Shhh, you'll wake everyone up," Lees's voice said quietly. Her voice was a mere whisper in the back of my head.

"Does my beauty sleep not matter to you?" I said, groaning at her softly. I flopped my hand over my eyes, brushing away small strands of hair that obstructed my vision.

I had a horrible habit of, well to put simply, being a bitch when I was awoken. When school was at full speed my sleep schedule was terrible, long strenuous nights were spent having bent over at my desk trying to cram information into my tiny brain. I wasn't delighted to be woken up at 7 am the next morning if you could imagine.

The morning breath, the immediate headaches, the dizziness.

All of it was hell.